Forget the big guys: Miller Johnson takes a small-town approach
- Hiscox predicts profit for Lloyd's syndicate. // Business Insurance;8/25/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p13
London, England-based financial services company Hiscox PLC has announced profit forecasts for its multiline syndicate 33 for insurance company Lloyd's of London for the 2001 and 2002 years of account. The syndicate forecasts a 17.5% to 22.5% profit on its capacity ofÂ£504 million ($811.9...
- IN MARKET US Syndicated Loans. // Bank Loan Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p12
Presents a chart depicting the syndicated loans in the market from April 22, 2005 to April 28, 2005 in the U.S.
- MJ's portfolio reporting now available on Web. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;11/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p10
Informs that brokerage Miller Johnson and Kuehn has gone live with Plaid Brothers Software's Web Plaid application for portfolio management. Roll out of the product to brokers.
- The Integration of the Corporate Bond and Commercial Loan Markets. // Financial Market Trends;Oct2003, Issue 85, p51
This article looks at recent trends and developments in syndicated loan markets in the OECD area, focusing in particular on the growing integration of the corporate bond and syndicated loan markets. Syndicated loans have been around for centuries, but volume grew tremendously in the 1990's,...
- Delegates at 58th CFA Convention Wrestle With Sluggish Economy. Rutberg, Sidney // Secured Lender;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p22
Provides information on the 58th Annual Convention of the Asset-Based Financial Services Industry in 2002. Panel session which highlighted the industry's problems; Discussion on appraisals and appraisers; Main difference between Club deals and traditional syndications.
- Quick FIXes. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p9
Presents information about developments in securities industry as of May 26, 2003. Release of a working draft by the standards organization XBRL International; Development of a payments messaging standard for foreign exchange by the Treasury Workstation Integration Standards Team; Formation of...
- When It Comes to Allocation Relationships Are Key. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;2/2/20004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p2
Explores the importance of the relationship with an arranging bank when allocating a deal. Problems facing syndication officials; Factors influencing the decision over which account gets what allocation of a deal; Approaches used by investors in finding ways to maximize their allocations.
- IN MARKET US Syndicated Loans (6/17/05 - 6/23/05). // Bank Loan Report;6/27/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p4
Presents a chart depicting the syndicated loans in the U.S. Names of the borrower; Book managers; Type of loan; Purpose of the loan.
- Participants at Lloyd's mull plan to change capital rules. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;6/7/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p10
Managing agents and other players in the Lloyd's of London market are currently reviewing a consultation paper that proposes new assessments of the level of capital that syndicates should hold. In the paper, the Financial Services Authority, Great Britain's financial services regulator,...