Senate's 1st electric restructuring bill of the year looks to the states
- Senator with a CAE to receive top honor. // Association Management;Jun95, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p9
Reports on Senator Craig Thomas' receipt of the 1995 Beacon Award, the highest honor given by the American Society of Association Executives to national public officials.
- An association executive on the hill. Boege, Robert S. // Association Management;Aug96, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p99
Presents an interview with Wyoming Senator Craig Thomas. Views of elected officials on associations and association executives in the United States; Trends in public policy affecting associations in the country; Perception of legislative problems encountered by association groups.
- Senator Honored For Park Protection. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun99, Vol. 73 Issue 5/6, p51
No abstract available.
- Senators introduce Rural Hospital and Provider Equity Act. // High Plains Journal;7/21/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 29, p5A
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senators Pat Roberts, Al Franken, and John Barrasso to pass the Craig Thomas and Rural Hospital and Provider Equity Act to honor the service of the late legislator, Craig Thomas.
- Statement on the Death of Senator Craig L. Thomas. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/11/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p749
The article presents a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush dated June 5, 2007, about the death of Wyoming Senator Craig L. Thomas. The president emphasizes the contributions of Thomas during his 23 years of public service as a senator, congressman and state legislator. He also...
- Power to the people. Wong, Pansy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p45
Opinion. Focuses on debates conducted regarding the Electricity Industry Reform Bill. Efforts of an individual in pursuing progress to reduce compliance costs for small and medium-sized businesses; Reference to functions hosted by the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Branch; Where these functions were held.
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jan1996, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p5
Reports on legislation concerning the electric industry in the United States. Provisions under HR 1020 on government's storage of spent fuel from nuclear powerplants; National Park Service's solicitation of comments on managing energy use; Opportunity in electric industry's revamp; Hydro...
- Legislative update. // Electrical World;Jan1996, Vol. 210 Issue 1, Utility Business... p2
Presents an update about legislative matters pertaining to the electric industry in the United States. Proposal of bill authorizing Amtrak to buy, wheel and sell wholesale power; Department of Energy's draft of final implementation regulations for alternative-fuel vehicles.
- Energy deregulation bill covers WTE. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p5
Presents information on a preliminary electricity restructuring draft from the United States House of Representatives Commerce Committee. Coverage of waste-to-energy plants and landfill gas projects in the bill; Features of the bill; Combination of various provisions in the bill.