- Hard Times a Boon for ABCP. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 29, p12
Reports the popularity of asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP) among bond investors in the U.S. Percentage of money fund assets invested in ABCP; Advantages of investing ABCP; Views of Doug Rivkin, a Moody's Investors Service analyst on ABCP.
- Capital relief. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p56
Reports that the U.S. Congress is investigating tax breaks for investors. Concern about people who lost money in the stock market; Proposals, including raising the annual cap on offsetting taxable wages and other income with losses from investment sales; Possible rise of the limit on deducting...
- Big Changes Coming for Investors in 2013. Rosenberger, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p9
The article discusses some of the modifications that will affect the investors in the U.S. in 2013 which include the increase of long-term gains rates, income on surtax investments, and regular tax rates.
- A Capital Gains Wrinkle. Klott, Gary // On Wall Street;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p84
Comments on the capital gains rates from the taxation of investors in the U.S. Exemplification on the process of the legislation; Sale of shares from the election of readily tradable securities; Use of capital losses to offset capital gains.
- LIKE-KIND REAL ESTATE EXCHANGES UNDER IRC SECTION 1031. Schier, Lewis; Morris, Edwin B. // CPA Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the significant tax-deferral opportunities for real property investors under the internal revenue code (IRC) section 1031 of the United States Internal Revenue Service. Amount charged by qualified intermediaries for IRC section 1031 exchange transactions; Criteria for qualification...
- Got Lemons? Make Lemonade. Lallos, Laura // Money;Jun2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p41
Offers tax advice to investors in the United States. How to use investment losses to offset capital gains; Suggestion to take a loss and simultaneously make a similar investment; How to choose which stocks to sell and buy.
- STOP AND SWAP. // Money;Jun2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p42
Offers advice on how to buy and sell stocks for tax savings in the United States. Suggestion to sell the stocks with the greatest losses; Importance of buying similar investment on the same day to remain in the market.
- Is A Tax Hike Inevitable? // Millionaire Corner;Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses how investors can deal with the possible tax increase in the future in the U.S. It cites the anticipation by investors of a tax increase with 22% believing that it will be relatively small while 28% believe the increase will be between 4-5%. It points out that the search...
- What Every Stock Investor Needs to Know About Taxes. Tritch, Teresa // Fortune;12/20/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p147
Offers advice on tax issues for stock market investors in the United States, focusing on how to cut one's taxes. General information for investors; Advice for holders of individual stocks; Advice for holders of mutual funds.