Philadelphia officials ring NYSE opening bell
- Philadelphia plans innovative issue. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/07/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30553, p2
Reports on PaineWebber Inc.'s distribution of a preliminary official statement for taxable pension bonds that Philadelphia, Pennsylvania hopes to sell within the first quarter of 1999. Plan to sell the income bonds in $25 denominations.
- L.A. schools pick PaineWebber as book-runner. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p36
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District has chosen PaineWebber Inc. to be bookrunner for its general obligation bonds.
- Tuesday's Market: Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; $2.4 Billion in New Deals Hit Primary. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p2
Reports on the better activity of new-issues compared to cash bonds in the U.S. markets on October 9, 2002. Reasons for possible involvement of traders in municipal bonds; Credit ratings made by Moody's Investors Services Inc. of bonds issued by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Repricing of...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31541, p29
Provides news briefs related to bond and stock markets in United States. Appointment of a local labor leader to the executive committee of San Diego Regional Airport Authority's governing board; Approval of investing in revenue bonds by Hayward City Council; Completion of public hearings for a...
- Emerging market fears delay debut of Qatar sovereign. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/29/98, Vol. 64 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on the postponement of the debut sovereign bond offering of the Arab nation of Qatar as a result of the volatility in emerging markets. Reasons for the fears over emerging markets; Information on Qatar's bond offering; Description of the reaction of issuers and investors to the...
- Level 3 is again the HY benchmark. O'Leary, Christopher; L.C. // High Yield Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Provides updates in the bond performance of high yield issuers as of February 2000. High yield junk deal of Level 3 Communications Inc.; Increase in the value of the high yield bargain; Branches involved in the high yield deal; Price of the offering of New York Stock Exchange broker/dealer...
- The relationship between international bond markets and international stock markets. LIM, EDWARD S.; GALLO, JOHN G.; SWANSON, PEGGY E. // International Review of Financial Analysis;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p181
Investigates the interrelationships between international bond and international stock markets. Efficiency of international markets; Market volatility interaction; Steps in cointegration.
- JULIAN GIBBS. Gibbs, Julian // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p44
Analyzes the outlook for stockmarket-linked bonds in Great Britain. Return on investments; Investment risks and options.
- Taking stock of the bonds market. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;1/14/94, p8
Focuses on the British local authorities' launching of bonds to move back into the stock market. Bonds as cheap finance for servicing debts; Salford and Leicester city councils' bond scheme with UBS; Launch of bonds aimed at insurance and investment firms; Difference of bonds with previous issues.