Sleeping off a good cause
- A place of passage. Sachner, P.M. // Architectural Record;Nov1988, Vol. 176 Issue 13, p104
Coming Home Hospice in San Francisco, California is the nation's first hospice designed primarily to serve AIDS patients and is one of the recipients of the `In the Public Interest' awards. Asian Neighborhood Design (A.N.D.) was its architect. Description of the hospice's facilities; Design details.
- Hospices plan training series for volunteers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/21/94 & 2/28/94, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p2
Reports that the Hospice of Orange in Hudson Valley and Hospice of Sullivan County is planning a training program to prepare volunteers to assist support and companionship services in the homes of terminally ill patients.
- The costs of a pediatric hospice program. Schweitzer, Stuart O.; Mitchell, Belinda // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p37
Presents a major study of a home-based pediatric hospice program which permitted a more careful analysis than was previously feasible of the charges for hospice care and how those charges are paid. Background; Methods; Description of study population; Results; Discussion; Conclusion.
- New Lorain hospice to open in February. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the opening of Lorain Community/Saint Joseph Regional Health Center's Hospice Residential Center in Ohio in February 1996. Capacity; Cost of renovation of the hospice; Services provided by the facility.
- New hospice offers service for children. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;11/25/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the opening of the Tu Nidito Children's Hospice in Tucson, Arizona.
- Mature hospice field takes its place in the mainstream. Lumsdom, Kevin // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on hospices' entry to the mainstream health care system. Provision of cost-effective, managed care; Maturity of hospice movement; Proportion of freestanding hospices; Development within highly managed environment of per diem reimbursement; Integration pressures.
- Hospice pioneers are honored. Fikes, Bradley J. // San Diego Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
Looks at two pioneers of the hospice movement who will be honored by the medical community of San Diego, California. Who will be featured at the ceremony; What the ceremony will be called; Who found the San Diego Hospice; What Hospice's provide.
- Hospices aim to help, not cure. // Consumer Reports;Jan1986, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p24
A hospice is a system of care that provides physical and psychological comfort for dying people and their families. How hospices work and how to choose one. INSET: Where to turn for hospice information..
- Standard Life Healthcare goes to Hell and back to help hospices. Barr, Rebecca // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p20
Reports on a fund raised by directors and senior managers at Standard Life Healthcare for two children's hospices in Wales. Chase Children's Hospice Service; Francis House.