- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p12
Reports the retail sales of furniture in Great Britain. Rise in sales of living and dining room cabinets; Drop in sales of bedroom cabinet; Increase in the sales of upholstery.
- Intel from Mintel. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2013, Issue 5823, p20
The article discusses a report from market research specialists Mintel into living and dining room furniture retail, with focus on factors to be considered by industry to help improve their sales in 2013. It says that the key factor that challenges retailers is the ever-changing housing market....
- A Mark Of Furniture Heritage. Woodberry, Mark // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2013, Issue 5840, p20
An interview with Mark Woodberry, managing director of WBH, is presented. When asked about what furniture ranges are selling well, Woodberry says that oak ranges in both living, dining, and bedroom continue to sell extremely well. Woodberry adds that WBH's bedroom offer has been extremely...
- January 2006 trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p30
The article examines the sales performance of the British furniture industry in December 2005 and January 2006. Some retailers reported a decrease of sales in January 2005. Sales in January 2006 however is higher than sales in January 2005. The highest sales performance is in the living and...
- Stepping out for summer sale bargains. Santry, Claire // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p12
The article reports on the result of the research regarding showrooms for consumers might buy new furniture in the 2008 summer sale conducted by the journal "Cabinet Maker" in Great Britain. The main findings show that the bedroom is the number one destination for furniture purchases at 19%,...
- Auction site to sell surplus. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;8/24/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p1
The article reports on the online auction site established by a group of industry veterans to enable suppliers and retailers to buy and sell extra home furnishing inventories, wholesale lots and related goods. The site is called BidCow, which offers products of all major furniture classes such...
- Bradgate branches out into birch. // Cabinet Maker;1/25/2002, Issue 5271, p5
Reports the launching of contemporary birch living and dining collection of Bradgate. Designer of the collection; Features of the collection; Use of quality pine wood in the contemporary design of the collection.
- Wood casual dining takes bigger share of pie. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
Focuses on the growth of wood casual dining furniture's share of the overall dining furniture business. Factors driving the demand for wood casual dining furniture; Dining furniture in dark, formalized Normandy finish from APA Marketing; Canadel's pioneering of a trend toward single versus...
- Extendible tables expand category. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the idea of casual dining in Montebello, California. Variations in the range of casual dining sets; Introduction of extendible tables by the manufacturer Pastel; Sophistication in design sought by consumers.