Media has little influence on shoppers, say retailers
- AFMA members consider ways to make furniture buying easier. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p34
Discusses ways to maker furniture buying easier for the consumer. Improvement in service needs; Need for the industry to focus on design and value; Importance of imports to be competitive.
- Master BR high in survey results. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p22
Presents the results of 'Furniture/Today's' 2001 Survey of Consumer Buying Trends conducted in the United States. Interest of the respondents in the purchase of furniture for the master bedroom; Preferences of consumer groups in the survey; Income brackets of the households.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p8
The article presents answers to a question on the threat posed by the preference of consumers to buy furniture in supermarkets to the furniture industry.
- More boring statistics? Think again. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/13/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p41
Comments on the significance of the latest statistics on consumers' buying behavior on the business of the furniture industry in the United States. Need for the industry to pay more attention to demographic trends illustrated in the statistics.
- The new religion according to faith. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p27
Comments on key issues relevant to consumer behavior in the U.S. Factors that affect consumer behavior; Impact of consumer spending on the furniture industry; Implications on the furniture industry.
- WHEN VISITING A RETAILER'S WEBSITE, WHAT ENCOURAGES CONSUMERS TO GO TO THE BRICK-AND-MORTAR STORE? // Casual Living;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p55
The article presents answers to a query of what makes consumers visit the physical store of a furniture retailer after viewing the retailer's Web site, including the look of the furniture, price and ease of navigation of the Web site.
- Hordes of disappointed shoppers. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;03/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p51
Comments on the results of 'Furniture/Today's survey of United States consumer shopping and buying habits. Wakeup call for the furniture industry; Bedding purchase plans of consumers.
- Shoppers not deterred by terror attacks on London. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p3
Reports on the positive reaction of furniture retailers despite the terror attacks in London, England. Citation of a survey indicating the get-on-with it attitudes of both retailers and consumers; Anticipation of retailers for a fall in visiting consumers; Acknowledgement of retailers to the...
- Logic in kitchens and bathrooms. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;2/23/2007, Issue 5526, p9
The author reflects on the response of furniture retailers to the growing interest shown by British consumers to kitchens and bathrooms. According to the author, retailers are right to examine the kitchen and bathroom sector more closely. He also said that expanding the product offer of...