Phone changes confuse independents
- Y2K fears frustrate office-furniture market. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;1/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the slow growth of the office furniture industry due to concerns over the year 2000 date conversion problem. Capital spent by office furniture companies on fixing year 2000 computer bugs; Projected increase in plastic office furniture sales.
- Beyond 2000. Field, Christopher // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p14
Discusses the need for furniture retailers to upgrade their systems in preparation for the Year 2000 and the European Monetary Union. High technology options; Low technology changes needed; Internet use.
- Is your computer ready for the Year 2000? Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p22
Answers a question relating to the Year 2000 problem of computer software. Estimates on the overall cost of correcting the Year 2000 problem; Possible solutions; Recommendation on the purchase of transition software such as the TRANS2000. INSET: Year 2000 changeover plan..
- Ghost in the machine. Rebetsky, Roger // World Wastes;Jun98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
Discusses the year 2000 computer problem. Preparations for software and hardware systems. INSET: Does your software pass the Y2K test?.
- Many Countries Not Addressing the Year 2000 IT Problem. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p55
Reports that a study from the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), revealed that not many countries are addressing the Year 2000 computer problem. Percentage of respondents to the study who indicated that their countries' public and private sectors were prepared to deal with the...
- 1999: The year of the Y2K challenge. Pinder, Clare // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p59
Comments on the urgency for accounting practices in New Zealand to become prepared for the year 2000 computer date conversion problem. Concerns on the perceived lack of readiness among small and medium-sized businesses; Recognition of the many operational threats of the problem.
- Year 2000 Conference & Exhibit. Fink, Mitchell A. // Conference Analysis;02/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 417, p1
Reports on the Year 2000 Conference and Exhibit held at the New York Hilton Hotel last January 15-16, 1998. Discussion on awareness and development of plans for testing infrastructure; Participation of representatives from US regulatory agencies; Recognition for members of the Securities...
- Custody 2000 group testing picks up steam. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/15/99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Reports on year-2000 readiness testing conducted by members of the Custody 2000, a group of securities industry institutions. Expansion of coverage markets; Inadequacies of the group's proxy testing; List of original Custody 2000 members.
- Latest Digit Jitters Prompted by Y2K Anxiety. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the myth of the September 9, 1999, computing crisis. Background on the other computing crises that turned out as myths; Myth as caused by fear of the Year 2000 computing crisis.