Sakol van theft
- Quinn suffers _GCP_16,000 theft. // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p3
Reports that British cabinet firm Quinn Furniture's show van and its furniture contents worth 16,000 pounds had been stolen.
- Car theft is big business. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;5/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p48
Presents statistical information relative to the decrease in car theft in Puerto Rico. Estimated amount of vehicles stolen in 1997; Comparison of the amount of cars stolen between 1992-1997; What attributed to the decrease in stolen vehicles; Comments from Inspector Luis Miranda, auxiliary...
- Combatting vehicle theft along the Texas Border. Ethridge, Philip A.; Gonzalez, Raul // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jan1996, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p10
Reports that the procedure taken by the South Texas Auto Theft Enforcement Task Force (STATETF) was effective in apprehending people engaged in automobile theft along the Texas-Mexico border. Who the Task Force comprises of; Vehicle theft in South Texas; Task Force Solution; West end unit;...
- Don't touch my car! Palacios, Monica // Lesbian News;May97, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p29
Presents information as it relates to car thefts in the United States, focusing on the author, whose car was stolen and recovered four times during the month of March in 1997. Details about the car; Details of the thefts.
- Jockeys and joyriders. Tremblay, Pierre; Claremont, Yvan // British Journal of Criminology;Summer94, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p307
Examines the changing patterns in car theft in Canada. Ratio of recovered and unrecovered stolen vehicles as a reflection of the magnitude of professional and amateur offenses; Yearly variations in the rates of recovered stolen vehicles; Discussion of the jockey and the joyrider models of...
- Keeping an eye on your wheels. Janice, Elizabeth; Smith, Eric L. // Black Enterprise;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p40
Presents information on car thefts in the United States. Frequency of a car thefts; Estimated cost per year; Probability of recovering stolen vehicles.
- Looking for a deal on a quality used car? These are a steal. Cheramie, Paul // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the most stolen vehicles in the United States in 1994. Total loss valuations; Growth in the demand for sport-utility vehicles; Combination of steering wheel column lock/ignition switch; Types of steering wheel locking bar.
- Auto theft: Crime fighters take steps to slow a boom in business. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/14/95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the measures taken by law enforcers to counter the changing car theft trends in New Orleans, Louisiana. Motivation for stealing cars identified by law enforcers; Technique for selling the cars; Investigation of smuggling activities for stolen cars outside the United States. INSET:...
- Motor vehicle theft. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/17/2003, p5
Reports on motor vehicle theft in Canada in 2001. Average number of vehicles stolen everyday.