A little too much reasoning for some?
- John Ruskin: A Brave, Unhappy Life. Mullen, Alexandra // Hudson Review;Autumn2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p407
Focuses on the life and works of author John Ruskin in the United States. Family background; Successes of Ruskin in literature; Account on the annulment of Ruskin's marriage due to nonconsummation; Relationship with female student Rose La Touche; Consideration of La Touche as an ethereal spirit...
- Ruskin's Power. Rose, Phyllis // American Scholar;Spring2003, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p87
Features author John Ruskin. Views on the spiritual importance of art; List of contemporary thinkers which were inspired by Ruskin; Marriage and legacy.
- 'I AM OFTEN THINKING OF YOU' O'Gorman, Francis // Notes & Queries;Jun2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2
Reports on the financial commitment of author John Ruskin in the late summer of 1871. Purchase of a house; Consequences of the purchase and Ruskin's constant involvement in Coniston life; Context of the letters to Kate Raven.
- APPROACHING THE MAZE: RECENT WRITINGS ON JOHN RUSKIN. Garrigan, Kristine Ottesen // Victorian Studies;Spring84, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p365
Discusses several writings about author John Ruskin. Information on his career; Personal background; His passion for Gothic sculpture; His style in writing.
- RUSKIN, JOHN. // Dictionary of Alternatives;2007, p241
The article profiles John Ruskin, an English author, poet, artist, art critic and social critic. Ruskin argued for an anti-modern form of socialism and an aesthetic based on passion and authenticity. The theme that runs through his extensive writings is the conviction that Victorian society was...
- JOHN RUSKIN. // Research Guide to Biography & Criticism;1990, Vol. 4, p422
This article presents a research guide to books about author John Ruskin. The Correspondence of John Ruskin and Charles Eliot Norton, edited by John Lewis Bradley, collects the voluminous forty-one-year correspondence between two men, decidedly different in both temperament and culture. In the...
- Letters. Lowe, Colin; Thomson, Roddy // Modern Painters;Summer2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p48
Comments on issues dealing with modern art and artists in Great Britain. Text-book on art jingoism; Works of John Ruskin; Discussion on articles published in the periodical "Modern Painters."
- A Different Conservative. // Time;1/31/1969, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p38
The article features Garry Wills, a contributing editor of "Esquire" periodical and an occasional writer of an articles that is absolutely unreadable to people. It notes that Wills has already published a collection of translations on Roman Culture and a book-length literary critique of...
- The Tragic Fate of John Ruskin. Gurstein, Rochelle // Salmagundi;Spring/Summer2005, Issue 146/147, p102
This essay focuses on the life and works of author, John Ruskin and the impact of the publication of Ruskin's first monthly installment of "Fors Clavigera: Letters to the Workmen and Laborers of Great Britain." It discusses the appointment of Ruskin as the first Slade Professor of Fine Art at...