Creating the brands' X factor
- Vintage Renaissance Man. // Home Accents Today;Jun2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p118
The article features David Daugherty, Vintage founder, and his strong will power to succeed in his chosen field of designing and manufacturing furniture. The author compared Daugherty to architect Leon Battista Alberti who was credited for the quote, "a man can do all things if he but wills...
- Harrods launches a fine department. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p4
Reports the launch of Harrods Fine Furniture department in the United States. Reproduction of furniture based from archive; Manufacturers of the upholstery collection of the store; Efforts of the business to update its furniture offerings.
- Designed for business. // Cabinet Maker;10/17/2003, Issue 5360, p20
Discusses issues concerning certain furniture designers and furniture companies in Great Britain. Name of two designers who won the Caiazza Memorial Challenge; Project set up by 12 designers to create a range of products for an exhibition; Pictures showing the exquisite samples done through the...
- Brand designs for Richter. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p4
Reports the partnership between upholstery and case goods manufacturer Richter Furniture Manufacturing with designer Eric Brand in the United States.
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.
- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.
- At ABC Carpet event, every dog has its designer. // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the launch of a home furniture design event in New York. Focus on creations and designs by 15 designers and architects; Participation of several furniture companies.