- Shop the World. Jeffrey L. Portman Sr. // Home Accents Today;Dec2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p44
The article offers the author's insights regarding the design, innovation, and fashion in the furniture and decorations industry.
- Sweet Chairity auction slated Oct. 7 in S.F. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Reports on an auction at Sweet Chairity on October 7, 2004 at the San Francisco Design Center. Sponsor of the auction; Interior designers who participated in the program; Furniture designs.
- A Moment With…MICHAEL PAYNE. Graves, Pamela // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Apr2009, p16
The article features interior designer Michael Payne. He shares his idea of good furniture design. He notes that he loves bold colors and recommends vibrant colors for spring season. Various furniture designs and brands credited to Payne are cited, including the Johnston Casuals Furniture and...
- Talent across nations. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p16
Highlights the Designers Forum featuring furniture design talents held at the International Furniture Fair in Singapore in March 2004. Discussion of insights into the approach to their products; Presentation of trends in designing.
- Entertainment centers: Hooray for flat-panel TVs! Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;9/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the impact of the demand and popularity of flat-panel televisions on the furniture industry in the U.S. Because of the decline of prices of televisions, their demand has increased, which resulted to a surge of demand for the industry. According to Hank Long, vice president...
- It's no longer "just a wall!". Locust, Margo // Fabulous Floors;Winter2009, Issue 20, p58
The article discusses the two important interior design opportunities presented by a wall dÃ©cor namely dimensionality and personal expression. Dimensionality is described as the matter of how the wall design is built. Instructions to add dimensionality through a wall dÃ©cor are presented....
- Space invaders. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p12
Describes the space-saving techniques of several furniture designers in Great Britain. Inclusion of Teemo executive Nick Green's prediction regarding the direction of the market as far as types of wood and finishes are concerned; GillmoreSpace executive Charles Gillmore's views on socioeconomic...
- Danish concept of flatpack versatility. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2001, Issue 5252, p4
Reports the launching of flatpack Inzoni collection from Danish retailer BO Concept in England. Characteristic of BO Concept furniture as modular; Availability of Inzoni bed with aluminum legs; Citations on the choices for the sofa.
- The Second Act. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Jul2012, p35
The article profiles furniture designer Wendy Bellissimo. Bellissimo was raised up in a family-owned furniture store and started doing design calls when she was only 15 years old. In 1994, Bellissimo was designing a line of decorative pillows and bedding for stores such as Bloomingdales,...