- Sun brings out more discounts. // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p6
The article discusses the current status of furniture sales in Great Britain. Due to hot weather and heatwave the sales of furniture declined further in July which in turn open for discount-driven sales. According to British Retail Consortium, the hot weather results in the increase in the sales...
- OPENINGS. Mangum, Aja // New York;4/18/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p51
Announces the opening of home decorating boutiques in New York. Items offered to customers; Retail prices of the products; Contact information.
- Store Openings. // Furniture/Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p52
The article presents information on the opening of several new furniture stores in the U.S. Upholstery maker England has opened three dedicated Custom Furniture Direct stores, in Maryland, Ohio and Texas, bringing the total owned by Larry Hendricks and his associates at Custom Direct LLC to...
- The Atrium up for sale. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/30/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p4
The article reports that the Atrium Furniture Mall, a longtime retail destination at High Point in North Carolina for out-of-town furniture shoppers, is for sale. On 2.96 acres, the four-story building can be expanded by two floors, or about 90,000 square feet. It also has 163 parking spaces....
- Festive joy for online sales. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p10
The article reports on the rise of homeware sales by 8.1 percent in December 2005 compared to the same period in 2004 in Great Britain. The rise has coincided with rocketing online sales over Christmas. The Office for National Statistics has shown 5.2 percent in homeware items in December...
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p14
Provides statistics related to furniture sales in September 2004 in Great Britain. Comparison of the August and September sales; Living cabinet; Bedroom cabinet; Upholstery; Beds.
- Clearer skies. // Home Accents Today;Feb2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
The author offers her forecast for the U.S. home furnishing industry as of 2011. She cites that very strong holiday seasons are being reported by independent retailers. She notes that there is data showing an increase in sales of furnishing items. She asserts that the general public is starting...
- HOME. // License!;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p50
Reports on the financial performance of furniture industry in the U.S. as of the year 2001. Increase of youth furniture sales; Partnership between talk show host Cristina Saralegui and Pulaski Furniture that aims to capture America's Hispanic community; Agreement between Cosco Home & Office...
- Formal dress was a hit at High Point. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p6
Highlights the International Home Furnishings Market at High Point in Great Britain. Theme of the exhibits; Use of vibrant colors to spice up interpretations of traditional shapes; Preferences of dining cabinets and tables' shapes.