- Warning of more retailer failures. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2007, Issue 5544, p5
The article reports on the retail failures in the furniture industry in Great Britain. The head of retail at the professional services firm in the country, Tim Sleep, has made a warning on the shrinking disposable income of the industry that would make consumers avoid buying big-ticket items...
- Value retailers will thrive. // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2005, Issue 5442, p4
Focuses on the prediction of retail analyst and consultancy firm Verdict for the furniture industry in Great Britain. Affirmation on the continuous growth of value retailers despite the slow growth on the high street for forty years; Benefits of reassessed consumer finances for downmarket...
- Market shakeout. // Cabinet Maker;7/29/2005, Issue 5449, p5
Forecasts the financial performance of independent furniture retailers in Great Britain. Identification of the top ten homeware retailers; Citation of predicted consolidations; Factors affecting the growth in homeware retailing.
- Reeling in Retail. // Traffic World;7/18/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 29, p6
Presents an outlook for retailing in the United States for fall 2005. Profitability enjoyed by retailers in June; Six-month demand outlook from the National Retail Federation; Biggest sales in June posted by Wal-Mart.
- December ends on a high. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain in December 2005. The British Retail Consortium revealed that overall retail sales increased by 2.6 percent. The increase was attributed to bricks and mortar furniture retailers. Beds and sofas were...
- Price is not the name of the game. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2005, Issue 5452, p9
Comments on the report released by retailer analyst Verdict which forecasts the dominance of non-specialist over specialist furniture stores in Great Britain. Prevalence of closures and consolidations in the specialist sector; Advantages of non-specialist stores over their rivals; Assertion by...
- On our industry's most critical issues. Gellegayn, Ray // Furniture/Today;5/2/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p2
The article presents the author's perspective on the Furniture Industry's most critical issues. One issue, mentioned by as many retailers as manufacturers, is profitability. A number of you said that, in the face of ongoing deflation, you are spending more time than ever attempting to formulate...
- Retail forecast: It's time for growth. Schneider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, pB6
Presents a 2005 forecast for Chandler Business Interiors, a retail store in Wenatchee, Washington, offering office design and furniture. Company history; Performance of the store in 2004; Owner Scott Chandler's sales forecast for 2005; Details of the store's operations.
- Out of the comfort zone. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/6/2010, p26
The article presents an analysis on the future of furniture retailing in Great Britain. In 2008 and 2009, furniture sales fell which resulted into collapses such as Land of Leather Ltd. and The Pier. Mintel forecasts that the furniture market will grow by 0.8% in 2010 and it will be worth almost...