More power to Ikea
- Branding desperately needs to rebrand itself. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);9/29/2004, p23
The article reports that the biggest challenge brand managers will face over the next decade will be protecting the brand of brand. In 1988 a fledgling brand identity firm called Interbrand helped fend off an aggressive bid for one of its clients by providing a highly speculative valuation of...
- World's top 100 brands- are they fact or fiction? Jones, Morag Cuddeford // Brand Strategy;Aug2002, Issue 162, p10
Analyzes Interbrand's 2002 list of the world's top brands. Impact of the list on the branding industry; Market trends affecting the value of brands; Effects of brand valuation by surveys on brand reputation.
- Danes upset over what's in a name at Ikea. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p31
The article reports that the Danish people were upset with the system used by Swedish furniture brand Ikea AB in naming their furniture products. Their state of the art furniture were named after places in Sweden, Norway and Finland, while their doormats, cheap carpets and draft excluders were...
- IKEA'S improvement challenge. Marsh, Harriet // Marketing (00253650);4/25/2002, p22
Presents the marketing plan of the IKEA for its brand name in Great Britain. Development of the delivery system of the company; Role of Tattooman for the promotion of products; Theme used by the company.
- I'LL NAME THAT BRAND IN ONE. // Marketing (00253650);11/21/2002, p48
Reports on the brand Gaelic for 'Glen of Tranquility.'
- Identity Effect: Ignore it at your peril. Ackerman, Larry // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the importance of identity strength for the brand image of a company's products and for profitability.
- Three critical questions when developing brand recognition. Zanfardino, Rob // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p6
The author discusses some considerations when developing brand recognition in the U.S.
- Controversy Over Who Can Use the 'Yogi' Brand Name. McDONALD, SHERRI // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pA23
The article focuses on the issue concerning the use of the name "yogi" in food products and ingredients.
- No magic formula for valuation. Lewis, Elen // Brand Strategy;Aug2003, Issue 174, p3
Focuses on the annual valuation of the top 100 global brands by Interbrand. Lists of the three most valuable brands of the company; Criticisms on the valuation methodology used by the company; Use of publicly available marketing and financial data to pin a number of brands.