Martin & Frost fire arouses suspicion
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p35
Reports on the advertising campaign won by furniture retailer Martin and Frost in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- SPEECH BUBBLE. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p39
Presents an advertisement contest from retailer Martin & Frost's in London, England. Mechanics of the contest; Enumeration of the prizes; Contact information.
- Franks Furniture avoids fire. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p7
The article reports on the fire accident which broke out at a small furniture shop in Dundalk, Ireland on June 13, 2010.
- Fire destroys furniture shop. // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2031, Issue 5834, p4
The article reports on the fire that occurred at the furniture shop Peggy's Place in Walsall, England on April 18, 2013.
- Katrina crushes business. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;9/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Katrina on furniture retailers in the U.S. Gulf Coast. Postponement of sales calls; Problems with communication and logistics; Relief efforts launched by some furniture companies.
- Fla. retailers hit hard. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the impact of Hurricane Wilma on furniture stores in Florida. Total number of damaged stores in the area; Closure of City Furniture's store in West Palm Beach, the company's second-highest volume producer; Financial conditions of these furniture retailers.
- Manufacturers' tsunami fears unfounded. // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p3
The article reports that furniture manufacturers and retailers have avoided supply problems following the Indian Ocean tsunami which claimed as many as 150,000 lives. Steve Brunt, sales director at freight agent Locher Evers International opined the wave missed all of South East Asia's major...
- Fire in Osaka. // America;8/7/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p452
The article reports on the devastation caused by the fire in Osaka, Japan on July 31, 1909. Accordingly, 11,368 establishments were burned including office buildings, educational institutions and temples. Although there was no casualty, one death was reported resulting from an illness induced by...
- WEST OF EDEN. Rachlis, Kit // Los Angeles Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p22
Highlights the fire incidents in California in December 203. Area size of land which have been scorched in the fire; Cities in California affected by the fire; Insights on the incident.