- Harveys. // Marketing (00253650);8/31/2006, p68
The article presents information on a telephonic conversation between an employee of the journal "Marketing," and a customer care personnel of Harveys, a furniture retailer in Great Britain. The call was made to evaluate the position of a customer attempting to organize a finance deal for an...
- Allders collapse triggers warning. // Credit Management;Apr2005, p12
The article presents news related to the retail sector. Suppliers to the retail sector must take urgent steps to protect themselves against bad debts following the collapse of department store chain Allders PLC and a warning from Great Britain's accounting watchdog. Tony Garner, Industry...
- Is the economy losing its smile? Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p10
Looks into the furniture industry of Great Britain. Percentage of furniture retailers who will be closing by the year 2006; Dependence of consumer spending on an unsustainable housing sector; Effect of decreasing residential real estate prices on sales of furniture retailers. INSET: Slow growth...
- Retailers 'lagging behind' on mobile retail says UK survey. // Cabinet Maker;8/19/2011, Issue 5751, p11
The article reports on a new British consumer retail survey which discovers that furniture retailers in the country are left behind on mobile retail.
- Convenience shopping. Knight // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p18
Focuses on the retail of furniture on Web sites or online stores in the United States. Impact of electronic commerce on furniture retail; Household products offered by EZshop.com; Types of retailers doing business electronically; Advantages of online retail stores.
- Fast track for Asian website. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p5
Features asiafurniturehub.com, an electronic commerce Web site for furniture retailing in Asia. Services offered to retailers; Furniture manufacturers planning to launch the site; Financiers of the industry project.
- Attitude change needed for online success. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p1
Encourages traditional furniture retailers to abandon misconceptions about electronic commerce if they want to succeed. Common belief of most traditional retailers that shoppers will not buy inline without seeing a product in-store and that online retailers cannot deliver the same service as...
- Furniture benefits from cyber 'shelf-space' // DSN Retailing Today;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p24
Reports on major U.S. discounters' offering of expanded furniture assortment online. Selections from Target, Kmart and Wal-Mart; Price range.
- In credit. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p8
Looks at changes in credit application process and its significance to the retail furniture industry. Chartered trust's linking of its ME 2U credit processing system into the Internet; Findings of a study commissioned by First National Tricity Finance which showed that customers using retail...