Wanted: Housing for 900 000 Sri Lankans
- Rebuilding Sri Lanka One House at a Time. Sevcik, Kimberley // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the author's experience of volunteering for a house building project for displaced families or tsunami victims in Sri Lanka. She arrived in Colombo, the Sri Lankan capital, 10 weeks after the tsunami. At the bus depot, she recognized a statue of the Buddha sitting in the...
- Relief and Recovery. Coco, Paul // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/24/2005, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the relief efforts needed to rebuild the damage brought by the December 2004 tsunami that hit Asia and Africa. Estimate number of people that were killed by the disaster; Participation of foreign emergency aid workers to help tsunami survivors; Contributions of U.S. children to the...
- A Sri Lankan Charity's New Call to Heal. Shapera, Todd // Forbes Global;2/7/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the efforts of the Association for Lighting a Candle (AFLAC), a charity founded by Elmo Jayawardena, to establish a housing project for tsunami victims in Galle, Sri Lanka. Plan of the AFLAC to provide school stipends and trauma counseling for survivors; Source of the charity's funds.
- RockTenn Donates to Tornado Victims. // Official Board Markets;6/4/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that RockTenn has donated 25,000 dollars to the West Alabama Red Cross for the relief work in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and its surrounding areas, which were affected by a tornado on April 27, 2011.
- A Huge Wave of Relief. Romall, F. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/24/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 13, p4
Presents information on tsunami and the efforts of children in the U.S. to help the victims of the tsunami in Asia in December 2004. INSET: How You Can Help.
- NOISE FROM THE EDITOR. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Mar2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p24
Presents views on the victims of the tsunami disaster in Asia in 2004.
- DATELINE PHUKET, TSUNAMI +48hrs. Montien, Hatairat Estrella; Van Geijlswijk, Daniel; Osborne, Simon // Investigate;Feb2005, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p64
Presents an article on helping the tsunami victims in Phuket, Thailand. Factor that made it difficult for divers to remove the bodies from the water; Reason for preventing the diving crews to return to the water.
- Tsunami strikes South Pacific. // Crisis Response Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that the September 30, 2009 tsunami incident in Tonga has claimed several lives and has caused widespread destruction.
- Tsunami Donation Plea Is Virus. // Database & Network Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p25
Reports that a mass-mailing worm poses as a plea for donations to help with the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster.