Providing open access to research, one article at a time
- THE DIGITAL CULTURAL HERITAGE- DIGITCH PROGRAMME: EXPERIENCES OF DOCUMENTATION AND SURVEY FOR THE SMART FRUITION OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL HERITAGE. Puma, Paola // SCIRES-IT;2016, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p151
The paper describes the Digital Cultural Heritage-DigitCH programme, aimed at the "smart" documentation of archaeological finds or areas using computer-based visualization for exhibition in museums; in 2013, the programme pioneered the use of fast methods and low cost 3D survey for documenting...
- Publications Received. Collier, Rosemary // New Zealand Archivists;Summer/Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p23
Provides information on publications related to archives and archiving works in New Zealand as of December 2004.
- National Centre for Information and Documentation. // Advances in Bulgarian Science;2006, Vol. 2, p4
Presents information on the National Centre for Information and Documentation (NACID), a governmental institution affiliated to the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science. Main objectives of NACID; Primary fields of activities; Information products and services.
- AnÃ¡lisis descriptivo de las fotografÃas de la guerra de Cuba en la prensa espaÃ±ola de 1898: atributos documentales, codificaciÃ³n periodÃstica y maquetaciÃ³n. López del Ramo, Joaquín B. // Ibersid;2007, p201
The aim of this paper is to present the documentary and journalistic attributes of photographs of the 1898 Cuba war published in three Spanish magazines of that epoch: La IlustraciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola y Americana, Blanco y Negro, and Nuevo Mundo. Results obtained on a 345 photographs sample show an...
- RECREATING POMPEY FOR MODERN EYES. Barnes, Cynthia // Humanities;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the excavation of the Pompey Theater in Rome, Italy as part of a research project which begun in 1996. History of the theater; Collaboration of James Paker and Richard Beacham to document the accessible surviving remains of the theater; Challenges in choosing spots to excavate.
- Wellcome Trust Boosts Open Access. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;7/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p22
Reports that the British research funding organization, the Wellcome Trust, will require all papers from new research projects to be deposited within six months of publication in PubMed Central. Statement that the British National Institutes of Health have made its policy on openly archiving the...
- Publication. Rhodes, Philip // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/23/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6374, p1341
Focuses on the importance of publication in medical research in Great Britain. Consideration of research as an attitude of mind; Allocation on the vitality of a publication; Valuability of research regardless of its success or failure.
- ADDITIONAL ARTICLES ABSTRACTED IN ACP JOURNAL CLUB. // Evidence Based Medicine;Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p158
A list of articles on medical research that were published in several journals is presented including "Endoscopic versus surgical drainage of the pancreatic duct in chronic pancreatitis," by D. L. Cahen, D. J. Gouma and Y. Nio.
- Book Corner. // American Journal of Public Health;Dec1981, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p1412
A list of books relating to different medical fields including behavioral sciences, biomedical, clinical and laboratory sciences, and drugs, alcohol and smoking.