fields & frames
- Primedia's Andrews cleans house to stay competitive. Callahan, Sean // B to B;1/13/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the steps taken by Tim Andrews, chief executive officer of Primedia Business Magazines and Media in an effort to maintain earnings amid declining revenues and stay competitive. Performance of Primedia in the past two years; Reductions made to number of employees and number of...
- Primedia turns Folio over to new topper. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;7/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the appointment of Geoff Lewis as editor of the 'Folio' magazine by Primedia Business Magazines & Media Inc. Career highlights; Job responsibilities; Impact of the appointment of Lewis on the publication.
- EIA, Waste Age Renew Vows. Schenkman, Lynn // Waste Age;Mar2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a contract signed by the Environmental Industry Associations in March 2003 with Primedia Business Magazines and Media Inc. to extend the existing agreement between the two organizations for another five years. Background of Primedia; Features of the renewed contract.
- Execs discuss marketing models at Folio: Show. // B to B;11/10/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p9
Primedia Business Magazines & Media Inc.'s Folio: Show, a magazine industry conference aimed at both consumer and business-to-business (b-to-b) publishers, can make for some strange juxtapositions. A case in point: Thomas Kemp, chairman-CEO of Penton Media, which publishes the magazine...
- 2003 PROMO Magazine and Wearables Business logo apparel STUDY. Anderson, Brian // Wearables Business;Nov2003, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p56
Reports on a joint study of logo apparel conducted by the Primedia Business Marketing Research Development for "PROMO Magazine" and "Wearables Business" in the U.S. in 2003. Response rate of the survey; Types of branding strategies; Percentage of respondents who said that they do not utilize...
- Goldner joins Wearables, Stitches and MU as publisher. // Wearables Business;Jan2004, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the appointment of Michael Rand Goldner, a veteran publishing industry executive, as group publisher for the Apparel Group at Primedia Business in November 2003. Responsibilities of Goldner; Organizational affiliations; Career background.
- Poaching Hits Room Blocks Hard. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the statement of vice president Margaret Pederson of Primedia Business company about destination management in the U.S. Identification of low-cost housing directly to exhibitors; Telemarketing efforts of the company; Accommodations for the attendees.
- Business-to-Business Media M&A Heats Up. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p1
This article reports on the mergers of business-to-business publishing firms in the U.S. This merger trend has been inking higher takeout multiples. Some factors that contributed to this trend are indicated, including the good financial performance of publishers. Moreover, the article presents a...
- Primedia enhances direct marketing. // Southwest Farm Press;5/5/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p10
This article reports that Primedia Business Magazines & Media Inc. has announced the launch of PrimeAG Marketing Information Solutions, an enhancement to their industry-leading agriculture publications. As the leading U.S. publisher of farm business related media, Primedia Business has built one...