- Trends in Network News Editing Strategies From 1969 Through 2005. Schaefer, Richard J.; Martinez, Tony J. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Jul2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p347
Four editing variables were tracked through a content analysis of U.S. commercial network editing that spanned a 36-year period. The analysis revealed that synthetic-montage increased and continuity-realism decreased from 1969 through 1997. Network news editors also embraced faster pacing,...
- SONS OF ANARCHY RIDES WITH OCONNOR O-GRIPS. // Digital Video;Jan2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the use ARRI Alexa camera to shoot scenes from the television program "Sons of Anarchy."
- PSC Editing and Conforming Areas (PECAs) at the BBC. Meyer, Mike // Image Technology;Feb1989, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p60
The article provides information about the new video editing suite called the PSC Editing and Conforming Area (PECA) made for the BBC Television Film Department at the East Tower in Great Britain. It is accounted that the PECA uses a combination of a VHS player, a computer and a VITC reader...
- The Secretary Does His Research. McGurk, Paul D. // British Kinematography, Sound & Television;Sep1970, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p258
IT MAY NOT BE the height of every aspiring actress's ambition to be billed as playing the lead in the 'BKSTS Reference Leader Picture' or to know that her audience will consist of technicians in darkened rooms all over the world using her photogenic features to line-up their telecine machines,...
- A SECOND OPINION. Fretts, Bruce // Entertainment Weekly;12/22/2000-12/29/2000, Issue 574/575, p130
Evaluates several television films for the year 2000.
- The Answer to Telecine Picture Instability. // BKSTS Journal;Mar1986, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p144
The article focuses on the stable gate device developed by the Moving Picture Co. that can help solve the problem of Telecine picture instability. There has been an increased demand for the device particularly with special effects. With the development of the device, any complex optical effect...
- Cable's summer yield. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/27/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 36, p26
Focuses on an increase in total cable television viewership in the United States in summer of 2001. Result of cable networks' vigorous promotion; Single-night successes of cable networks with original movies.
- The Reproduction of Colour in Television. Harcourt, Tony // Image Technology;Jun1999, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses several factors important in the reproduction of color in television. Film reproduces color with cyan, magenta and yellow dyes. The television camera captures red, green and blue signals and constructs three components: luminance Y, chrominance R-Y and B-Y. Broadcasting...
- Road To NAB: Cinematography In Focus. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;3/26/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p3
From new films stocks to digital cinematography cameras to a whole new breed of tools to help the DP's look get the proper translation from the camera to the screen, the cinematography displays at the 2004 National Association of Broadcasters convention, April 17-23 in Las Vegas, Nevada, are...