Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: a response to environmental transformation
- Go with the merger flow. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p64
Comments on the merger trend in Canada. Cause of the merger phenomenon; Beneficiaries of merger activities; How people should view mergers and acquisitions of corporations.
- McDonald's shakes up its media world. Benady, David // Marketing Week;12/4/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p16
Reports on the difficulty of the centralization of McDonald Corp.'s global media account to other companies in Great Britain. Emphasis on the logic of globalization; Expansion of the consolidation of media networks; Increase of the number of brand owners.
- Mergers and acquisitions -- three ways to dodge the pitfalls. St.-Jean, Robert // CMA Management;Mar2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on the implications of mergers and acquisition for businesses in Canada. According to the author, mergers and acquisitions are considered solution for the challenges of globalization, and a relatively easy way to grow quickly in a saturated market. The article also discussed...
- IMPROVEMENT OF THE BUDGETING SYSTEMS OF THE REGIONAL COMPANIES IN MODERN CONDITIONS OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT. Korneva, O. // Economics & Management;2007, p1154
The article is devoted to the problems of developing budgeting system at companies of Kaliningrad region. At the end of the XX age world business entered in qualitative new stage of its development - globalization, in consequence of development of the integration and capital centralization...
- Amid Globalization of Markets, Regulations Are 'Principled.'. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;10/2/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p14
This article focuses on the key role of national regulators in the globalization of securities exchanges. Mergers between securities exchanges are emerging, such as the proposed merger between Euronext and the New York Stock Exchange. Cooperation between national regulators will play an...
- Strategy, Structure and Government Policy: An Industry and Case Study. Austin, Barbara // Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings;1988, p123
The responses of surviving and defunct firms in the Canadian primary textile industry are studied, using Chandler's phases of strategic and structural development, to discuss the influence of government policy on the industry.
- Globalization and Canadian Exports to Developing Markets. Gellespie, A. Ian // Export Wise;Summer2004, p2
The article focuses on globalization and Canadian exports to developing markets. With global economic growth on a firm footing, a number of economic indicators point to the better performance in the developing markets during 2004 and 2005 in the late 1990s during a period of rapid growth in the...
- Globalize, Specialize, Generalize. Poloz, Stephen S. // Export Wise;Summer2004, p28
The article focuses on international competition faced by Canadian companies. Cutthroat international competition means that Canadian companies cannot take their foreign customers' loyalty for granted. From manufacturers to resource producers to service providers, every exporter must run just to...
- M&A roundup. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p67
Provides information on a listing of mergers and acquisitions roster deals worth noting. Detailed information on each merger.