Virginia's Dulles Toll Road Ups Ante for Metrorail Extension
- Transportation User Fees in the United States. Kulash, Damian J. // Transportation Quarterly;Summer2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p33
U.S. governments spend about $124 billion to provide rights-of-way, terminals, and other facilities. Much of this is financed through user feesâ€”charges governments make to recoup the cost of goods or services provided. Highway user fees are particularly important and long-standing. The...
- Stop the Toll Tax. Brown, Andrew // Motor Transport;11/27/2003, p10
Argues against the Lorry Road User Charge or the Toll Tax in Great Britain. Basis for the calculation of the amount to be raised from the toll scheme; Impact of the scheme on British haulers; Criticisms of the scheme.
- N.J. Ready to Hike Tolls, But GOP Lawmakers Seek Hearings. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32959, p6
The article reports on the proposed toll increases on New Jersey's three tolled highways. According to state Transportation Commissioner Kris Kolluri, toll hikes on the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and the Atlantic City Expressway would help support debt service requirements....
- Trucks resist toll diversion. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;5/20/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5080, p18
Reports on the request of business groups to reduce toll charges before the implementation of motorway roadworks on M6 Toll in Great Britain. Schedule of plans for the roadwork programs; Reasons behind the proposal; Purpose of road construction, according to the Highways Agency.
- Indiana Toll-Road Lease Sets a High Bar for Public-Private Patnerships. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p40
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Non-Traditional Public Finance Deal of the Year award to Indiana for its toll-road lease transaction. The award recognizes deals that fund traditional public finance projects without the use of municipal securities. The article...
- For Whom? // Traffic World;11/6/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 45, p4
The author discusses issues related to the appropriations for highways and transportation industry in the U.S. The author expresses his disagreement against the use of private toll roads, including the use of toll highways exclusively made for trucks and lanes operated by private companies....
- Tyne Tunnels toll to rise by 28%. // Commercial Motor;8/1/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5546, p9
The article reports that the toll in the Tyne Tunnels in Great Britain will increase 28% in 2014 after receiving approval on July 25, 2013.
- Report: Toll the Interstate. Shields, Yvetle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33594, p9
The article reports that Wisconsin will be implementing tolls to finance the improvement in the modernization and reconstruction of the free interstate highway system which is estimated to 26.2 billion dollars.
- States turning to tolls, other fees to boost highway funding. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Feb2014, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p42
The article predicts an increase in roadway tolls and other fees in the U.S. in 2014, according to a report by ratings agency Fitch Ratings. Topics discussed include the efforts of state governments to find ways to fund transportation infrastructure, the decrease in federal fuel tax revenues...