Virginia Senate Weighing Munis for Transportation Projects
- The $8.5 Billion Session. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p1
Reports the decision of governor Mark R. Warner to sign the bond-related bills passed by the Virginia General Assembly. Amount of the municipal bonds; Increase in the local portion of the state sale tax; Funds for transportation improvements.
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Bill Affects Public Record IDs. // National Mortgage News;8/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p12
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark Warner has signed a public records identification bill that is subject to a re-enactment clause for the 2005 General Assembly.
- Virginia Lawmakers OK Up to &11.5B in Tax-Exempt Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p4
Reports the approval of the state General Assembly on the proposals leading to municipal bond issuance in Virginia. Consideration on the proposed amendments of governor Mark R. Warner to bond bills; Amount of the tax-exempt revenue bonds approved by the bill for transportation projects;...
- U.S. Transportation Policy Scheme Gains Traction. // Air Cargo World;Jun2009, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p4
The article talks about the hindrances faced by the U.S. Transportation Policy from the country's lawmakers. It is stated that the policy will make significant changes in surface transportation. Democrat, Mark Warner told a recent conference that the U.S. cannot continue forward the policy under...
- Frans Sell Well. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
No abstract available.
- Virginia Governor Signs Tobacco Bond Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the approval of a tobacco bond bill by Governor Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Authority of the state to issue tax-exempt tobacco securitization bonds; Advocacy of the late Governor James S. Gilmore for a tobacco securitization legislation; Sponsorship of the bill by Senator Charles...
- DATA Act, Scene Two: Drop the Independent Board. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;7/23/2012, p9
The article presents information on the plans of U.S. Senator Mark Warner to reintroduce federal spending transparency legislation without any provision for an independent oversight board.
- Virginia Governor Buries Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p4
Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia, vetoed a legislation on March 24, 2003 that would have eliminated the state's estate tax, but state lawmakers may override his veto and enact the bill without his signature at a special â€œ veto session â€ next week. The tax-repeal measure, if...