MSRB Wants to Strengthen to G-37 to Avoid Indirect Violations
- Proposed G-37 Changes Raise Constitutionality Questions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p4
Reports on the reaction of some dealer firms and groups to the proposal of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for changes to the Rule G-37 on political contributions. Purpose of Rule G-37; Issuance of the guidance stressing the temporary ban for dealers making contributions to...
- More Ballot Disclosure Sought. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;8/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33766, p1
The article reports on the changes to Rule G-37 proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in Washington which will require dealers to disclore their detailed contribution to bond ballot campaigns.
- SEC to Seek G-37 Comments; MSRB Sets Meeting. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p4
Reports on the announcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it will publish in the Federal Register and seek public comments on the proposed changes of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to its Rule G-37 on political contributions. Requirement for dealers to...
- MSRB to propose G-38 change; ends lengthy standoff with SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30591, p1
Focuses on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposed changes to Rule G-38 which include a requirement for United States municipal securities dealers to end contracts with any consultants that refused to disclose their political contributions to state and local officials. Notice on...
- Campaign giving. // Crain's New York Business;8/22/94, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p43
Reports on the efforts of trade groups to ease the restrictions imposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) on the industry's ability to donate campaign funds to politicians. MSRB's reportorial requirements of donations to political parties.
- MSRB Issues Warning on Pay-to-Play. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board issued a notice warning dealers against using political parties, consultants and other 'conduits' to indirectly funnel political contributions to issuer officials. Warning of the board that it would consider changes to Rule G-37 if...
- Political Foes Hit Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p1
Reports the cooperation of the rivals, Republican and Democratic National Committees in the urge to revise provisions of Rule G-37. Letter to the Municipal Securities Rule-making Board for the request of revisions; Overview on Rule G-37; Complaints raised by both committees.
- MSRB: Comment on Best Execution. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;7/29/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33952, p1
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is planning to issue two concept releases including one that seeks public comment on the development of a best-execution rule and other that urges input on advancing post-trade data reporting in August 2013.
- MSRB Seeks Public Comment on Muni Pricing by Dealers. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p23
The article reports on the search of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for public comment on its draft interpretive guidance in the U.S. It mentions that the guidance outlines the steps that dealers must take to make sure the prices they charge to their customers in buying and...