'Aggie Bond' Bill Would Give Private-Activity Exemption
- Honorable Steve King. King, Steve // Congressional Digest;May2007, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p159
The article presents an excerpt of remarks by U.S. Representative Steve King during a floor debate on a bill granting Washington, D.C. representation in the U.S. Congress.
- Are the Farmers Relieved? // New Republic;6/26/29, Vol. 59 Issue 760, p138
Comments on the defeat of the debenture amendment to the farm relief bill in the U.S. Irritation of the senators at the tactics of the Republican machine in Congress; Essential basis enduring relief to the farmer; Provisions of the farm-relief proposal; Impact of the legislative bills on the...
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.
- Oregon Bill For $400M In Bonds Set. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p1
Reports on the decision of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to sign a bill that authorizes sale of bonds for road improvements. Sponsor of the bill; Information regarding date of issue of bills; Disapproval to the proposal of increasing gas taxes to fund transportation projects.
- State Senate Passes Bill Authorizing Up to $6 Billion in Transport Debt. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p5
Reports that the Virginia Senate has approved legislation authorizing the issuance of up to $6 billion in bonds for transportation projects in the eastern part of the state. Significance of the bill for state voters; Provision in the bill related to the utilization of revenues from the bonds;...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p34
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status in the U.S. Use of mortgage prepayments by housing agencies; Issuance of tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance a professional sports stadium; Eligibility of the people to participate in mortgage revenue bond programs.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p6
Reports the status of the proposed bond buyer legislation in the U.S. Approval of the restoration of earnings law for individuals and families; Inclusion of the Affordable Education Act 2001 in the tax law; Debate over the comprehensive energy bill by the Senate.