'Settle Order' Would Seek to Affirm N.Y.C. Schools Decision
- CONSTRUCTION -- NOTICE OF CLAIM -- N.Y. EDUCATION LAW Â§3813 -- TIMELINESS. // Arbitration Journal;Dec74, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p291
This article discusses legitimate rule concerning time limitation on the filing of notice of claim in an arbitration case. It is clearly stated that compliance with the three month limitation for filing a notice of claim against a school board is a condition precedent to arbitration. Thus, in no...
- Judge slams ADR, rules class action can proceed. Barnslev, Paul // Ontario Birchbark;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the slamming of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process of the federal government, by a panel of three Ontario appellate court judges. While ruling that a lawsuit launched by former Ontario residential school students could proceed as a class action, a panel of three...
- Hiff settles with Latino ex-president. // Christian Century;5/17/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the settlement of a lawsuit between the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado and its former president David Maldonado. Background on the lawsuit; Alleged prevalence of institutional racism at the seminary; Statement issued by Maldonado regarding the settlement.
- Tools to Help Women Succeed in ADR. Miller, Gina // Dispute Resolution;Spring2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p27
The article shows ways to aid women in conducting an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practice. ADR has become a popular field for women who pursue legal careers, as the National Association of Women Lawyers stated that women composed of 50% of overall law school graduates. Various ways for...
- Unusual, But True, Legal News. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/20/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 58, p20
The article presents an update on litigation in the U.S. as of July 20, 2006. The highest court in New York decided to dismiss the felony convictions for Joseph and Silva Swinton for nearly starving their baby to death. An imprisonment sentence has been imposed on Clark Canty who pleaded guilty...
- Steering Clear of the Courtroom: Alternative Dispute Resolution Gaining Ground. Rubenstein, David // Corporate Legal Times;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 122, pCLT14
Reports on the emergence of alternative legal dispute resolution methods in South and Central America. Arbitration options; Effects of arbitration on relations between foreign business entities and host countries; Advantages of arbitration over litigation.
- International Notes. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Nov2009-Jan2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses court cases involving dispute resolution.
- Professional Responsibility. Sander, Frank E.A. // ABA Journal;Nov90, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p50
Asserts that the best way to create broader acceptance for altrnate dispute resolution is through a disciplinary rule that establishes a responsibility to tell clients about alternatives to litigation. Similarity with a doctor's obligation to educate patients on health care alternatives; New...
- Litigation nation. // Lawyer (Online Edition);10/ 3/2013, p4
The article offers information on the reports and coverage related to litigations, dispute resolution and medical bills presented at the online version of the journal.