NEWS IN BRIEF
- Services. // Canadian Economic Observer;Jul2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p43
Presents several graphs and charts depicting the trading activities in Canada. Retail sales; Sales indexes of motor vehicles; Wholesale trade.
- Consumers Begin to Eye Back-to-School. // Home Textiles Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p30
The article reports that the Johnson Redbook Retail Sales Index escalated 1.5% in the first week of August 2008, up 1.5% compared to the same month in 2007. The index dropped 1.9% below July 2008, compared to a target 1.8% decline. The discounter sector outdid its 3.9% target for August by...
- Bond Buyer Indexes . // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p51
Presents information related to bonds in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Average municipal bond yields; Bonds used in compiling indexes; Average rating of indexes.
- Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Indexes . // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p54
Presents information on Merril Lynch corporate bond indexes in the U.S. as of November 20, 2001. Average yield of bonds; Growth reflected by the index values; Composition of total returns.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall as Market Worries About Iraq War. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p29
Focuses on the impact of a possible war with Iraq on Bond Buyer yield indexes in the U.S. as of February 7, 2003. Concerns regarding impact of the government's multi-trillion dollar budget on bond prices; Promissory notes that the Treasury Department plans to auction; Statistics regarding...
- MAJOR INDICES. // DSN Retailing Today;12/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p8
Presents a chart depicting major indices in retail trade in the U.S.
- Early August Comps Look Decent. // Home Textiles Today;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p42
The article reports that Johnson Redbook Index has posted an aggregate composite of 2.3% for the week ended August 11, 2007 in the U.S. The result, which is slightly ahead of the 2.1% target, was helped modestly by the back-to-school state tax holiday in Alabama, Washington D.C., Georgia,...
- Caught In The Storm. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Presents the results of the Bond Sentiment Index (BSI) for the period of March to April 2004. Increase in the bond index in Latin America; Decline of the BSI for Europe; Reasons for the increased exposure of the April BSI in the Asia-Pacific region.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p32
Presents a graph and charts depicting statistics of bonds in the U.S. as of October 16, 2003. Index of municipal bonds; Prices of securities; Reduction rates in visible bond supply.