MSRB Wants To Bolster Its G-37 Rule
- MSRB Wants to Strengthen to G-37 to Avoid Indirect Violations. // Bond Buyer;2/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32072, p33
The article discusses the issuance of G-37, a rule governing supervisory issues on soliciting payment to political parties, by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in the U.S. Emphasis on the importance of the rule to prohibit employees from trying to take advantage of fund...
- MSRB Issues Warning on Pay-to-Play. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board issued a notice warning dealers against using political parties, consultants and other 'conduits' to indirectly funnel political contributions to issuer officials. Warning of the board that it would consider changes to Rule G-37 if...
- Political Foes Hit Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p1
Reports the cooperation of the rivals, Republican and Democratic National Committees in the urge to revise provisions of Rule G-37. Letter to the Municipal Securities Rule-making Board for the request of revisions; Overview on Rule G-37; Complaints raised by both committees.
- MSRB's Fee Proposal Unfair, Broker-Dealers Say. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement of the broker-dealers regarding the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) fee proposal in the U.S.
- MSRB Revises Its Draft Rule on College Savings Plan. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has revised its draft rule that would create a new rule G-45 for underwriters.
- MSRB to Start Muni FA Registration, Rulemaking on Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p5
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the start of registration and rulemaking activities in the U.S.
- MSRB issues revised instructions for meeting G-36 requirements. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p7
Presents information on a manual containing revised instructions for filling forms and keeping records in connection with G-36, which was issues by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Information on the G-36; Comments from Christopher Taylor, executive director of the MSRB;...
- MSRB files rules changes on syndicate practices, FAs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p1
Presents information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking board of Washington which filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission announcing the next phrase of its transaction reporting program. Indepth look at the time set for the program.
- MSRB proposes G-36 changes for commercial paper issues. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p1
Focuses on the proposed amendment to Rule G-36 filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to clarify that underwriters of commercial paper issues can comply with the rule by filing only one official statement with the board. Benefits of the amendment to underwriters; US Securities and...