Top Authors Leading Hardcover Fiction List So Far In 2005
- Your Soul Is Dead. MIatthews, T. S. // New Republic;4/21/37, Vol. 90 Issue 1168, p336
Focuses on several views related to words as a serious matter. View that for most of the authors, words are the means of exchange, not the commodity, and their currency value varies according to their known credit; View that when words become such a joke to the sophisticated that they must...
- Make it count. KLEIN, DUSTIN S. // Smart Business Cleveland;Aug2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p14
In this article, the author talks about various reasons for writing a book and the realities of book publishing. The author relates the challenges faced and the success of his friend who published his own book. He stresses that one must have the right reasons to write books. He suggests that one...
- A kind of magic. Cowley, Jason // Prospect;Jan2007, Issue 130, p72
The article cites examples of the improbable best-selling book, a phenomenon that highlights the uncertainty of publishing and which publishers relish. These include "We Need to Talk About Kevin," by Lionel Shrivel, the first Harry Potter book, the novels of Dan Brown, the primer on punctuation...
- BIG BOOKS. Goodman, J. A.; Rice, Albert // Saturday Evening Post;11/17/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 20, p31
The article discusses what makes a best seller story in the U.S. Structure of the national non-fiction best seller in 1931, "The Education of a Princess," by Grand Duchess Marie; Assertion on how a good story is developed; Identification of previously rejected stories that turned into best sellers.
- HarperCollins Benefits from Oprah. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Presents information regarding the "New York Times" bestsellers, compiled as of February 2004. Hardcover fiction bestsellers by literary agent; Hardcover fiction by publisher; Hardcover fiction bestsellers by no. 1 titles with longevity.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p5
Presents a chart depicting bestseller agents in New York City. Rank of Fredrica S. Friedman; Number of book titles published; Popularity of the book.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
Presents a chart depicting adult hardcover bestsellers of publishers in New York. Rank of publisher HarperCollins; Number of titles of publisher Penguin Putnam; Number of weeks of publisher Random House.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/31/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 13, p18
Looks behind the scenes of the publishing of some of the bestselling books in the United States as of March 1997. Sales of `The Millionaire Next Door'; Bestsellers published by Broadway Books; `Fugitive Pieces,' Knopf's debut novel by a Canadian poet; Other news.
- 'SOMETHING OTHER THAN OUTRAGEOUSLY UNLIKELY'. SWINN, LOUISE // Overland;Fall2009, Issue 194, p18
The article examines the state of the publishing industry in Australia in the wake of the 2009 recession. She finds a surprising variety and vigor in the industry. She interviews various publishers and agents and finds a consensus to the effect that writing is difficult and needs to be authentic...