- 22 YEARS AGO IN TIME. August, Melissa; Barovick, Harriet; Bland, Elizabeth L.; White, Roy B.; Winters, Rebecca // Time;6/10/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 23, p23
Presents an excerpt from the December 1, 1980 issue of this magazine. Television ratings competition between Tom Brokaw and other morning show hosts; Biographical details; His on-camera demeanor.
- EXIT WONDERHORSE. Schoeneman, Deborah; Morgan, Spencer // New York;3/1/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p9
Reports on comments made by U.S. television anchorman Tom Brokaw's colleagues regarding his imminent retirement. Lament of Jane Pauley that network news would lose its most 'handsome' anchorman; Refusal of some colleagues to believe that Brokaw will retire; Brokaw's comment on his plans to...
- Cover Page. // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun1978, Vol. 250 Issue 4, preceding p1
Presents a photograph of television host Tom Brokaw which appeared as the cover of the May 1978 issue of "The Saturday Evening Post" magazine.
- TOM BROKAW: BY DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT. White, Betty // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun1978, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p78
Interviews Tom Brokaw, host of "The Today Show," a television talk show from NBC network. Style in interviewing people; Reaction when NBC approached him to host the show; Opinion on the set of the show where they have no desk to lean on; Role in planning the show.
- The Oprah Effect. Kelly, Caitlin // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p58
Explores the impact of television talk show host Oprah Winfrey on the U.S. publishing industry. Benefits of Winfrey to authors and their books; Capability of Winfrey to influence the reading interests of U.S. consumers; Criticisms on Winfrey's book choices. INSET: OPRAH'S LIBRARY.
- CULT OF CELEBRITY HARMLESS ESCAPISM OR UNHEALTHY OBSESSION? Stavrinos, Anthony // B&T Weekly;2/3/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2550, p16
The article focuses on the rising of celebrity coverage among the publishing industry in Australia. It has been sought that celebrity-obsessed editorial have been emerging in the media world, where information about several celebrities have been carried out. New publications have been emerging...
- TOM BROKAW: My indomitable mother. // Good Housekeeping;Jan2003, Vol. 236 Issue 1, p93
Provides information on the family life of news anchor Tom Brokaw. Theme of his book 'A Long Way From Home'; Career of his father in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; Emphasis on his relationship with his mother.
- Newspeople uneasy in the spotlight. // Electronic Media;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p23
Focuses on the involvement of television broadcasters on different issues in the United States. Attachment of Dan Rather and Tom Brockaw on bioterrorism threats; Rape accusation for William Kennedy Smith; Claim of the CNN cable network for the exclusiveness of video tapes from Al-Jazeera...
- ROVING Eye. // Television Week;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p26
Presents photographs of television personalities at various events in the U.S. in 2005. Tom Brokaw of NBC at the Texas Christian University Schieffer School of Journalism naming ceremony in Fort Worth; Actor Sylvester Stallone at the premiere party of the television program "The Contender" in...