Downloadable Audiobooks Growing In Popularity At Libraries
- Commercial document delivery: Vendor selection criteria. Walters, Sheila // Computers in Libraries;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
Offers tips for the expansion of interlibrary loan services. Needs and requirements assessment; In-house systems; Information gathering; Criteria selection; Comparison of potential suppliers; Services and document suppliers; Suppliers' service.
- From interlibrary lending to document delivery: The British Library Document Supply Centre. Carrigan, Dennis // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep93, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p220
Gives a brief historical account of library lending services in Britain and the development, current state, and future plans of the Documentary Supply Centre. Founding of the National Lending Library for Science and Technology (NLLST); History of lending; British Library Lending Division; North...
- HERMENEUTICA COPIEI PRIVATE ÃŽN CADRUL LIMITELOR DREPTULUI DE AUTOR. MACOVEI, Ioan; DOMINTE, Nicoleta Rodica // Romanian Journal of Intellectual Property Law / Revista Romana d;2013, Issue 1, p22
Study on private copying allows formulating a statement fictional and real. This paradox is explained by the importance of each person's access to literary, artistic or scientific work published. If two or more people want to read both literary creation and the library is a single and work that...
- the guardian. Page, Benedict; Pidd, Helen // inCite;Mar2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that publishers may restrict downloading of electronic books from the Internet in order to protect their copyrights.
- Where Are the Library Best 'Sellers'? Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p68
Offers observations on the need for a list of best-circulating books in libraries. Predominance of best-seller lists from such organizations as Book Sense and others; Impact such a list would have, including as leverage when negotiating with book publishers; Types of lists which could be...
- Academic Librarians Solving Journal Cancellation Woes. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p25
Reports that the University of Delaware has found a high-tech solution to the ongoing problem of rising journal prices plaguing academic libraries. Reference to report in the June 13, 1997 issue of `Chronicle of Higher Education'; Development of a system that allows the libraries to save on...
- Hemophilia Fdn. Selects KLAS. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;5/15/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p26
Notes that the National Hemophilia Foundation has replaced its document delivery system with Keystone Systems' KLAS. Details about the contract; KLAS' features.
- Computers in libraries: Where are we in 1989? Anderson, M. // Book Report;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the wide range of computer systems available to the librarian in the 1980s. Importance of technology in libraries; Questions to consider for future developments. INSET: Computer tip.;Calendar of upcoming computer-related events..
- Board probes low circulation `turnover.' B. G. // American Libraries;Feb98, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p19
Discusses worry about the low turnover among the circulating items at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library in Mequon-Thiensville, Wisconsin. A resulting overhaul of selection policies and procedures; Trustees conclusions; Comments of Weyenberg Director Alice Sedgwick; Conflicting priorities of...