Reader's Digest To Expand How-To Book Output In 2005
- Clarke Moves Up at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the promotion of Harold Clarke to publisher and president of trade publishing and special markets at Reader's Digest. Previous job of Clarke in the company; Deals of Clarke with international companies; Book sales of the company for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004.
- Reader's Digest: Q2 Diet Books Strong; Children's Biz To Expand. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the decline in revenue at the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in the book industry in New York City. The second quarter revenue of the fiscal year 2006 is lower compared to the fiscal year 2005 in the same quarter. The top performer was the new edition of the diet book...
- McBook: The Reader's Digest Condensed Books franchise. Volkersz, Evert // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p52
Traces the growth of the Reader's Digest Condensed Books franchise of the Reader's Digest Association Inc. Start of book publishing in 1940; Proposal by Walter H. Weintz of the Reader's Digest Condensed Books Club; Features introduced by the Condensed Books direct-mail series; Characteristics...
- As Financial Results Turn Ugly, Reader's Digest Gives Its Book Publishing Division A Makeover. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on Reader's Digest Inc.'s reorganization of its books publishing division following a downturn in sales and earnings. Structure of the division; Division groupings implemented in an attempt to increase profits; Losses posted in the fourth-quarter 2000 financial results.
- RD testing new name, look, for condensed books. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p10
Reports that `Reader's Digest' has been testing several new concepts for its Condensed Books operation. Possibilities of new look as well as new graphics and promotions; Considering the new name, `Reader's Digest Select Editions'; Changes, as reflecting the overall restaging of the Reader's...
- Reader's Digest Developing Greater Taste for Retail. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 35, p10
The article reports on the plan of new Reader's Digest publisher and president Harold Clarke to develop books related to its magazine properties. The centerpiece of Reader's Digest's new strategy is the Taste of Home Cookbook, which the company is releasing next week with a 375,000-copy...
- Clarke Gets More Duties at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the appointments of several executives at Reader's Digest (RD) as of January 2005. Harold Clarke as president and publisher of the RD Books and Music division; Neil Wertheimer as editor-in-chief of books for the North American Publishing group.
- International Unit Leads Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the sales increase in Reader's Digest's (RD) international group for the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Reason for the sales increase in the international group; Weak categories of RD; Decrease in the sales in RD North America.
- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...