In for the Long Run
- Brisk Looks For Cool Weather. Versteegen, Kris // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses trends in winter running apparel for 2008. The author states that many running apparel designers are opting for more breathable stretch-woven and soft shell outerwear fabrics instead of waterproof-breathable laminates. Women's style is growing towards the Capri-length pants...
- How to Assure a Painless Redevelopment. Trachman, Andrew // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the essential elements in determining a successful retail development venture. Vitality of location for a retail destination; Provision of adequate contingencies in the redevelopment budget; Derivation of support from the city officials.
- Retail Planning Policies in the UK. Spriddell, Peter // European Retail Digest;Summer94, Issue 3, p12
Comments on retailing's traditionally-accepted planning policies in the United Kingdom, as of June 1994. Current attitudes on retail planning policies; Changes in the retail spectrum; Positive innovations within the nation's retail industry.
- Prospects for Retailing and Public Planning Policies within Europe. // European Retail Digest;Summer94, Issue 3, p21
Discusses the planning policies for retailing in several western European countries. Issues concerning planning policies for European retailing in the mid-1990s; Major policy changes; Government inquiries into retail planning and development control.
- Retail Planning Environment: England and Wales. Tomalin, Christina // European Retail Digest;Mar1999, Issue 21, p19
Discusses the retail planning in England and Wales. Evolution of retail planning policy; Key concepts for the consideration of retail impact; Results of the assessment of retail planning policies.
- The Retail Planning Environment: Scotland. Gotts, Ian // European Retail Digest;Mar1999, Issue 21, p21
Reports on the retail planning in Scotland. Details of the local government reorganization in 1996; Administration of planning in Scotland; Overview of the national planning policy guidance.
- Selling or Buying a Business. Butz, James A.; Lawson, Beckman // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on the importance of preparations for buy and sell business in Indiana. Maximization of values received in business; Confidentiality of information exchanged between sellers and buyers; Limitations of indemnification.
- APPENDIX IV. // Retail Trade;Jul2002, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p41
Presents alterations in business strategies following the seasonal and dollar adjustments in retail trade, published in the July 2002 issue of the journal 'Retail Trade.' Seasonal adjustment; Constant dollar seasonally adjusted estimates.
- Money goes home. // Cabinet Maker;2/21/2003, Issue 5325, p2
Focuses on the efforts of retailers to expand product offering in the homewares market. Expansion of store sizes to accommodate wider ranges; Improvements in sales promotion efforts.