- IN BRIEF. Pallay, Jessica // FN: Footwear News;9/14/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on a study according to which footwear luxury segment might not attract new entries as there are too many brands in most high-end categories.
- WHAT'S SELLING. Goodson, Audrey // Footwear Plus;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
The article presents questions and answers about the sales of wellness footwear of retailers Footprints of Newington, Connecticut and The Shoe Hutch of Corvallis, Oregon, including the what the current best selling brands are, what the current best-selling styles are, what is the best new...
- OPPORTUNITIES. // FN: Footwear News;2/15/2016, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p105
A calendar of event related to the footwear industry for 2016 is presented including Synclaire Brands Milestone Women's Fashion, Paris Runway Coverage Distribution and Los Angeles Times Distribution.
- Luxe Shops Juggle 'Italy' Labels, Cost. Carr, Kristen; Weilheimer, Neil // FN: Footwear News;3/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p11
Explores issues concerning shoe labels. Reason behind the increase in the average price of shoe at Alise's Designer Shoe Salon; Factor behind the success of shoe company Donald Pliner; Remarks from Ben Leaderman, president and owner of A Step Ahead.
- Skechers tries on new data management approach. // Marketing Week;2/10/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the data management strategy of global footwear brand Sketchers that will see retail operations able to utilize business intelligence tools and allow staff to run data queries without dedicated analytical support.
- Burton Snowboards Moves Shoemaker to Irvine. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that shoemaker Gravis Footwear is revamping its brand following the company's move to Orange County, California. The company hired workers from the county and plans to add more by March 2007 including people for its marketing, public relations, product design and advertising...
- Musical Stylings. HENNING, KRISTEN // FN: Footwear News;9/19/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 34, p86
The article reports that rock singer Avril Lavigne's Abbey Dawn brand will showcase the Abbey Dawn line of footwear collection for Spring 2012. It mentions the reason behind the brand's decision to include footwear, that makes women's and men's apparel and handbags. It states that the brand's...
- Guitar Hero. Young, Marcie // FN: Footwear News;11/23/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 45, p20
The article presents information on the Mexico-born guitarist and musician Carlos Santana and his interest in the footwear industry. It mentions that Santana launched his women's footwear brand, Carlos by Carlos Santana in 2002 and is adding another brand Unity, a more casual line of...
- Fashion Statement. Schneider-Levy, Barbara // FN: Footwear News;11/23/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 45, p30
The article reports on the brand expansion plans of New Zealand-based shoe brand Kumfs. It mentions that Kumfs is targeting a more youthful customer with the launch of Ziera, a collection of trend-driven looks with a designer point of view. It states that the collection is created by Chantai...