On With the Shoe
- NEW BALANCE. Avant, Mary // Footwear Plus;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article features New Balance, a U.S. footwear manufacturer that has been recognized for its product excellence at the13th Annual Plus Awards ceremony in 2012. The company attributes its 2-billion U.S. dollar sales in 2012 to the success of its running division, which grew more than 10...
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- Athletic footwear shows six-month growth of 4.4%. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p18
The article presents information on the 4.4% increase in the retail sales of the athletic footwear during six-month period of October 2004 to March 2005. Sales for the six-month reporting period were $5.53 billion versus $5.30 billion for the same period the previous year. Only basketball shoes...
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- Flash and Dash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on several footwear models for 2005. Hyper Rocketgirl II from Asics; Complete TF LD from Puma; Cosmos MD from Adidas; JW Foster Distance from Reebok; Monsterfly from Nike.
- It's Gotta Be The Shoes. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips to use when choosing exercise shoes for running, walking, aerobics, and dancing. Tips include shopping at an independent running retailer, purchasing a shoe that is cushioned-neutral, and buying the correct shoe for a particular activity. It is noted that cross-training...
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- Small Pleasures. Leand, Judy // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p30
Presents several athletic footwear for children released in the U.S. as of April 2004. Trail shoe from New Balance; Mud Runner Zip II from Reebok; Nike Shox Monster running shoe for girls.
- FN. // FN: Footwear News;6/16/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the sales marketing of DeMartini athletic shoes from New Balance. It says that the footwear industry anticipates large volume of sales in the running shoes division in line with the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. It adds that the shoe company hopes to realize its...