SGB Announces Trendsetter Award Winners
- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Utah spending on sports activities totaled $2.5 billion in 2009. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/28/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that the sports industry contributed to the growth of the economy of Utah in 2009, with spending on sports activities including attendance, participation and retail purchases amounting to 2.5 billion U.S. dollars.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes protest staged at a Wal-Mart sponsored fishing tournament; MC Sports' expansion strategy under its president and chief executive officer, Bruce Ullery; Opening of Cabela's store in...
- G&DA Names 2009 Retailer Excellence Awards Honorees. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul2009, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p6
The article offers information about the 2009 Retailer Excellence Awards competition, which will be conducted at Marriott Marquis in New York City. It mentions that the award, organized by the "Gift & Decorative Accessories," will be announced at the Decorative Accessories' 58th Annual Retailer...
- TWICE's 2014 Excellence In Retailing Awards. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/20/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p18
The article focuses on the criteria used in the selection of winners of the 2014 Excellence in Retailing Awards.