Malignant lymphomas in coeliac disease: evidence of increased risks for lymphoma types other than enteropathy-type T cell lymphoma
- Extranodal lymphoplasmacytoid lymphoma: spectrum of disease. Guermazi, Ali; Meignin, Véronique; Brice, Pauline // European Radiology;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p771
Lymphoplasmacytoid lymphomas (LPL) are non-Hodgkin's lymphomas characterized by a proliferation of lymphoplasmacytoid cells or plasma cells with intracytoplasmic monoclonal Ig. The LPL are low-grade B-cell neoplasms close to B chronic lymphocytic leukemia with plasmacytoid differentiation. They...
- Epidermal Interleukin-1 is Increased in Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma. Tron, Victor A.; Rosenthal, Donald; Sauder, Daniel N. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Mar1988, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p378
lnterleukin-1 (IL-1) is a monocyte-derived polypeptide with immunoregulatory and proinflammatory functions. Although monocytes are the principle source of IL-1, other cells, such as keratinocytes, endothelial cells, renal mesangial cells, and neutrophils, produce a factor with IL-1 activity. The...
- Skin-Selective Lymphocyte Homing Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Leukemic Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma. Heald, Peter W.; Yan, Shu-Ling; Edelson, Richard L.; Tigelaar, Robert; Picker, Louis J. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Aug93, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p222
The concept of skin-associated lymphoid tissue embraces those cells and functions that are integrated in the cutaneous host defense. Recently, it has been possible to identify those circulating T-cells that are skin associated. These cells display the cell-surface phenotype of memory T cells...
- Natural Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity in Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphomas. Neilan, Barbara A.; Vonderheid, Eric C.; O'Neill, Kevin J. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Aug83, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p176
Natural cell-mediated cytotoxicity was studied in 24 patients with cutaneous T-cell lymphomas and in 18 age- and sex-matched controls studied concomitantly. Percent cytotoxicity was determined by 4-h 51Cr release assay using K562 targets at effector to target ratios of 100:1, 50:1, and 25:1....
- Non -- Hodgkin's Lymphoma of Colon: An Unusual Presentation. Sajid Ahamed Mudhol; Sadhashivappa S. Bedar; Garag, Sushila P.; Faizal, Hammed N. // Al Ameen Journal of Medical Sciences;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p88
Non Hodgkin's lymphomas are a diverse group of cancer which arises from lymphocytes. NHL of colon is rare and consequently extranodal lymphomas are poorly studied. The gastrointestinal tract is the predominant site of extranodal NHL. It accounts for about one third of all the primary extranodal NHL.
- EpidemiologÃa y subtipos de neoplasias linfoides: Estudio multicÃ©ntrico. Bañuelos-Espinosa, Melina Azucena; Rodríguez-Montes, Claudia Esther; Zárate-Osorno, Alejandra // Revista de Sanidad Militar;sep/oct2007, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p302
Objective. The aim of this study was to determine the basic clinical characteristics of the lymphomas in a Mexican population, as well as the different morphological subtypes and their immunophenotype. Method. All the hematolymphoid neplasms with immunostains were retrieved from the files of the...
- Role of immunohistochemistry in lymphoma. Rao, I. Satish // Indian Journal of Medical & Paediatric Oncology;Oct-Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p145
The article focuses on the function of immunohistochemistry (IHC) in lymphoma. It mentions that the World Health Organization (WHO) has loosely classified lymphomas into non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) and Hodgkin lymphoma (HL). It notes that lymphomas are recognized as clonal proliferation of...
- Lymphoma and Neuropathy. Rubin, Michael // Neurology Alert;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 12, preceding p90
In patients with lymphoma, demyelinating neuropathy is usually associated with Hodgkin's lymphoma, whereas polyradiculopathy is usually caused by high-grade, B-cell lymphoma.
- Accelerated Appearance of Multiple B Cell Lymphoma Types in NFS/N Mice Congenic for Ecotropic Murine Leukemia Viruses. Hartley, Janet W.; Chattopadhyay, Sisir K.; Lander, Marilyn R.; Taddesse-Heath, Lekidelu; Naghashfar, Zohreh; Morse Ill, Herbert C.; Fredrickson, Torgny N. // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Feb2000, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p159
Spontaneous lymphomas occur at high frequency in NFS.V+ mice, strains congenic for ecotropic murine leukemia virus (MuLV) proviral genes and expressing virus at high titer. In the present study, a total of 703 NFS.V+ lymphomas w