- MINNESOTA: S&P Lifts Park Rapids. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33315, p9
The article reports that the financial management practices in Park Rapids, Minnesota has acquired good rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. due to the stability of financial reserves and general obligation improvement bonds.
- On balance. Chatfeild-Roberts, John // Money Marketing;11/11/2010, p34
In this article, the author focuses on the rules of the Investment Management Association (IMA) in Great Britain and issues related to the bond market.
- True Potential/Close Brothers Asset Manament - Close Discretionary Funds update. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/9/2012, p1
The article offers information on five Close Discretionary funds that includes bond income, diversified income and growth income.
- On Portfolio Theory, Holding Period Assumptions, and Bond Maturity Diversification: Comment. McCallum, John S. // Financial Management (1972);Autumn80, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p74
This article presents a comment on portfolio theory, holding period assumptions, and bond maturity diversification. Efficient bond portfolios are normally constructed by using historical return data to develop expected return and risk measures. The validity of this approach depends crucially on...
- ADFA Selling $225 Million of GOs, With $150M for Higher Ed Upgrades. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32619, p8
The article reports on the $224 general obligation (GO) bonds given by Arkansas Development Finance Authority for higher education institution. The proceeds will finance the technology upgrade and facility improvement project of colleges and schools in the country. The deal includes sales...
- Consider integrated approach on emerging markets. Hoguet, George R. // Pensions & Investments;6/28/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p34
The recent performance of both emerging market stocks and bonds has validated one important reason for investing in emerging market securities, diversification. By the same token, emerging market bonds have returned 15 percent per annum over five years, as measured by the J.P. Morgan Emerging...
- Case study: Rectifying an unadvised investment bond withdrawal. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/18/2013, p52
The article presents a case study related to rectifying an unadvised investment bond withdrawal. It states that in some situation client decides himself to take a large 'one off' withdrawal from her investment bond unaware that when cumulative 5 percent allowances are exceeded, the resultant...
- FM Letters. Andrew Jr., Joseph D.; Baker, H. Kent; Johnson, Martha C.; Cheng, Joseph M.; Rao, Ramesh K.S.; Zarruk, Emilio; Caks, John; Livingston, Miles // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn88, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Solution to the balancing problem of financial projections; Purpose of the Critical Revenue Decline Percentage; Net benefit of refunding callable bonds.
- West Virginia Fund Reshuffles Bonds. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;02/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on West Virginia Investment Management Board's shuffling of its fixed-income assets. Comments from Craig Slaughter, executive director of the board; Decision of the board to part ways with Lincoln Capital Management Co.; Assets that Western Asset will keep; Strategy of the board.