MWAA Gets Speck
- Va. Hones School Assistance Model. Richard, Alan // Education Week;1/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p23
Maymont's test scores had slipped two years ago to the point that the Maymont Elementary school was one of four in Virginia that warranted full-time attention from the state, as of January 7, 2004. About the same time Virginia Governor Mark Warner had announced the creation of a program called...
- Virginia fire chief honored for communications work. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2005, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18
Announces a commendation made by Virginia Governor Mark Warner for Fire Department Deputy Chief Charles Werner for his efforts to develop interoperable communications between public-safety agencies in the state. Profile on Werner; Contributions to public safety.
- Governor of Governors. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p31
Reports on the selection of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner as chairman of the National Governors Association. Succession for Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthone; Convention of the state advocacy group in Seattle; Announcement of the initiative of Warner for 2005.
- Virginia Elects Democrat Warner as Its Next Governor. Richard, Alan // Education Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
Reports the election of Democrat Mark R. Warner as governor in Virginia. Plans of Warner to improve the state education system; Concerns of the gubernatorial candidate for higher teacher salaries; Need to improve the tourism industry in Virginia following the terrorist attack in New York.
- Beyond Buzzwords. // Governing;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the efforts and strategies of several public officials in the U.S. who were chosen as Public Officials of the Year for 2004 by "Governing" magazine. Virginia Governor Mark Warner; Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Shirley Franklin; North Carolina treasurer Richard Moore.
- Virginia Lawmakers Fail to Override Veto of Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p29
Virginia lawmakers who support repealing the state's estate tax failed to get enough support to override governor Mark R. Warner's veto of the popular measure, which passed the General Assembly by overwhelming majorities in February 2003. After his veto was sustained, Warner, a Democrat, hailed...
- Democratic Governor Defends VMI's Prayer. Jeffrey, Terence // Human Events;5/26/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 18, p4
Reports that Governor Mark Warner of Virginia has showed support to dinnertime prayer practice at state-supported Virginia Military Institute (VMI). Ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals on the constitutionality of VMI prayer practice; Importance of prayer in military training.
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Mark Warner's Five-Year Plan. Beiler, David // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the problems faced by the Republican party in Virginia which contributed to the 2001 victory of Democratic candidate Mark Warner as the state's governor. Educational and career background of Warner; Information on Republican gubernatorial nominees; Details on the election campaigns of...