A Plea to Voters
- N.J. Voters Approve 8 School Bond Ballot Measures, But Reject 17. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p6
The article reports that the New Jersey School Boards Association has revealed that New Jersey voters approved nearly 37% of the proposed school construction bond referendum questions on Tuesday. According to the association, the voters approved eight and rejected 17 of the proposed ballot...
- Texas School District Weighs Another Bond Election. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32134, p7
This article reports that just days after successfully refunding $169.9 million of outstanding general obligation bonds, officials from the Round Rock Independent School District near Austin will consider whether they will put together a new bond package to replace a referendum that failed at...
- Virginia School Agency Readies QSCBs Under New Program. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p5
The article reports that the Virginia Public School Authority plans to sell its direct-pay, qualified school construction bonds worth 73.2 million dollars, using them under the federal subsidy interest-rate option in Virginia.
- Early and Often. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p31
Reports on the state of early voting activities for three bond referendums in Bexar County, Texas. Total amount of votes; Deadline for the conduct of early voting; General obligation bond proposal for the fast-growing North East School District.
- Houston Bond Referendum May Include Refunding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p44
Reports that Houston, Texas Mayor Lee Brown is considering increasing the authorization amount of a November 2001 bond referendum. Suggestion about the possibility of allowing more debt to be issued without raising taxes; Refunding sale; Additional bond proceeds.
- Bond Questions Find Stout Support at Polls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p1
Reports on the approval of 84 percent of multi-billion dollars in bond initiatives according to results of 30 bond referendums in Dallas, Texas. Approval of several improvement projects with approval of the bond initiatives; Authorities that participated in approval of the bond initiatives.
- Opportunity seen in vote on Quebec. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;10/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the opportunity for bonds purchasing in Canada emerging before October 1995's referendum on Quebec's secession. Grim repercussions of a secession vote; Key issues for bond investors on Quebec's independence; Comments from Canadian companies' officials.
- Broncos fans try to drum up support for stadium election. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p43
Reports that supporters of the Denver Broncos football team are planning to start circulating a petition on June 26, 1998 calling for a referendum on a new stadium in Denver, Colorado. Asking of voters to approve $260 million of revenue bonds to help pay for the stadium's construction; Need for...
- Election Results. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p22
Presents election results of bond measures in the United States. Approved measures; Amount; Plans for the proceeds; Defeated proposals.