BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES
- City needs to fund PWA housing. Basinger, Brian // Bay Area Reporter;6/24/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p8
In this article, the author discusses the statements by San Francisco, California Mayor Gavin Newsom and Department of Public Health Director Mitch Katz that people with HIV/AIDS do not pay fair share of rent compared to other community groups.
- HONORABLE MENTION. Taylor, Chris // Time;4/25/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 17, p21
Mentions Gavin Newsom, the mayor of San Francisco, California. How Newsom facilitating the marriage of nearly 4,000 gay couples in 2005; Approval rating; How Newsom diverted welfare payments for the homeless into a housing fund.
- CITIZEN STUMBLE. // Governing;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
The article states that while citizen-run commissions are important in decision policy making, some of them are politically controlled since the leaders and members are appointed as rewards by politicians. Such is the case of the San Francisco Housing Authority Commission in California whose...
- SF TO APPROVE THREE HOUSING PROJECTS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p17
The article informs that in late April, San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom held a media briefing during which he announced that the city expects to approve three downtown housing projects.
- Officials commit to backfill AIDS cuts. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;4/26/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p16
The article reports that San Francisco, California Mayor Gavin Newsom and Health Director Mitch Katz have announced that they would use city funds to ensure housing services for people living with AIDS affected by changes in the federal funding of HIV programs. Changes in the federal Ryan White...
- international trends in design and energy. Ritchie, Kirsten // Contract;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p102
The article presents news briefs related to global trends in design and energy. Mayor Gavin Newsome has emphasized on the need for San Francisco, California to become environmental leader for cities around the world. All new residential and commercial construction in Dubai need compliance with...
- KEEP AN EYE ON: GAVIN NEWSOM. // U.S. News & World Report;12/29/2003-1/5/2004, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p62
Presents a brief profile of Gavin Newsom, San Francisco's new mayor. Details of Newsom's 10-year plan to reverse the city's worsening homeless problem; Newsom's advocacy of cutting direct cash welfare payments to homeless people in favor of providing improved services and housing for them.
- San Francisco, Pentagon to meet on possible Treasure Island deal. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;12/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 148, p8
The article reports on the scheduled meeting between San Francisco, California Mayor Gavin Newsom and two high-level Pentagon officials Ray Mabus, secretary of the Navy, and Dorothy Robyn, deputy undersecretary of Defense for Installations and Environment, due to possible Treasure Island deal.
- San Francisco to get greener. // Public Works;Jan2008, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom has introduced an ordinance that would require commercial and large residential building projects to acquire Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. If approved, it will require new projects of more than 25,000...