Municipal Market Data Total Returns
- Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Focuses on the weak performance of municipal bonds in the United States during the March 30, 2004 session. Amount of new issues in the market; Total worth of Florida-based Miami-Dade County's aviation revenue and revenue refunding bond offerings on behalf of Miami International Airport.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of Heavy New Issue Volume. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/9/2016, Issue 34457, p1
Top-quality municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as four basis points. Treasury prices surged while U.S. equities plunged.Ã¼
- Popular Investment Roads (and Bridges) Lead to Muni Bonds. Blau, Joel M.; Paprocki, Ronald J. // AUANews;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p27
The article provides information on municipal bonds. Municipal bond interest is received tax-free at the federal level and municipal bonds can be categorized as general obligation or revenue bonds. It also mentions revenue bonds, which are used to finance tunnels, bridges, hospitals, and other...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
In the week ended Jan. 28, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index rose two basis points to 4.16% from 4.14% in the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Munis End Stronger as Calif., Texas, La. Issues Sell. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;4/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34497, p24
The article reports on the strong performance of top-quality municipal bonds on the trading day of April 19, 2016. Topics covered include primary market issuance in California, Texas and Louisiana, competitive offerings in California totaling about 1.5 billion dollars and the one basis point...
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Affordable Housing? Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in San Francisco, California, will consider on July 13, 2004, a $200 million affordable housing bond measure that proponents want to appear on the November 2004 ballot.
- Californians Face $10B of Local Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p1
The article reports on the $10 billion local bond measures of the state of California. At least 83 different bond request are on local ballots around the state, which seeks voter approval of $10.5 billion of general obligation (GO) debt. The majority of these GOs are for school districts, but...
- Market Post: Deals Arrive as Secondary Shows a Slight Slackening in Yields. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;12/13/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F348, p1
The article reports that the U.S. municipal market has shown decrement due to the heavy deals priced in the primary market as on December 13, 2013. It states that the market can expect more redemption from mutual funds and also discusses Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency toll road...