- Cook up a lesson on Native American foods. // Curriculum Review;Oct99, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p9
Features Native American cookery. History of Native American diet; Recipes for dried corn and boiled squash pudding.
- Gathering Seasons. Renick, Hillary // News from Native California;Winter2004/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p22
Presents an article on the importance of teaching children to gather, hunt and prepare native or Indian foods. Information on several Indian foods; Effect of native foods on nutrition and health; Ways to gather and prepare Indian food.
- A native twist. Fredman, Catherine // Shape;Nov94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p92
Presents some authentic low-fat Native American recipes for Thanksgiving Day dinner. Traditional homegrown foods introduced by Native Americans; Food fare during the first Thanksgiving celebration.
- Impacts of traditional food consumption advisories: Compliance, changes in diet and loss of confidence in traditional foods. McAuley, Claire; Knopper, Loren D. // Environmental Health: A Global Access Science Source;2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 10 Issue Suppl 1, p55
Background: Food consumption advisories are often posted when industrial activities are expected to affect the quality and availability of traditional foods used by First Nations. We were recently involved in a project and asked to summarize details regarding the impacts of traditional food...
- Anthills and cranberries. Morel, Mary Kay; Balkovec, James // Children's Digest;Jun95, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on diets of Native Americans of long ago. Fishing habits of Native Americans on the northwestern coast of the United States; Harvesting by Apaches in the Southwest; Digging of roots and harvesting of berries by Native Americans in the coastal forests of the Northwest; Crop grown by the...
- COOKING PILGRIM-STYLE. Getschow, Kim // Appleseeds;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p27
The article presents several recipes of Native Americans, which they used to cook in Colonial times in the U.S. including harty cornmeal pudding and praple cream.
- Name of the game. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar97, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p65
Cites the increasing popularity of Native American and harvest menu themes at restaurants, so do the traditional products that contribute to these menus. Halcyon in New York City's Native American game dinner.
- Traditional Native American Foods: Stories from Northern Plains Elders. Colby, Sarah E.; McDonald, Leander R.; Adkison, Greg // Journal of Ecological Anthropology;2011/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p65
An understanding of traditional Native American food patterns is needed to develop efforts for decreasing chronic disease that include traditional Native American foods in culturally relevant ways. Via oral historyfocused in-depth interviews, I explored traditional food and dietary practices...
- Aboriginal food guide launched. // Saskatchewan Sage;May2007, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that Health Canada has launched "Eating Well with Canada's Food Guideâ€¦First Nations, Inuit and MÃ©tis," a food guide designed to help First Nation, Inuit and MÃ©tis communities make healthier food and lifestyle choices. It provides details on the amount of servings...