Treasury Announces First Witnesses for Bush's Tax Panel
- Advisory Panel Sees More Delays As Focus Shifts to Katrina Relief. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p4
Reports on the decision of the Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform of U.S. President George W. Bush to delay the release of its report of recommendations related to tax reform priorities. Role of the Hurricane Katrina on the decision of the panel; Original schedule of the presentation of the...
- Cutting Opportunities for Families and Young Children. // YC: Young Children;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p63
The article focuses on issues related to the budget request for fiscal year 2004 that was released by U.S. President George W. Bush on February 3, 2003. For a clear picture of proposed spending, the budget request and the President's tax cut proposals must be considered side-by-side, because...
- Tax Reform, Really? Dicker, Eli J. // Tax Executive;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p584
The author reflects on the significance of tax reform to the tax policy agenda in the U.S. The tax reform was presented by the Advisory Panel on Tax Reform under U.S. President George W. Bush. There has been lack of tax policy officials at the U.S. Treasury Department to manage the reform....
- POLITICS. Lehrer, Eli // American Enterprise;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p56
Discusses a study conducted by the U.S. Treasury Department on the savings vehicles proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush to make it easier for U.S. citizens to accumulate money tax-free for large purchases or retirement. Types of accounts in which the individual retirement accounts and...
- Executive Order 13246--Providing an Order of Succession Within the Department of the Treasury. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/31/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 52, p1839
Presents the text of an executive order approved by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 18, 2001, which deals with the provision of an order of succession within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- President Bush Signs Long-Delayed Tax Reconciliation Bill Into Law. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p5
The article reports on the signing of U.S. President George W. Bush of the long-delayed tax reconciliation bill into law in May 17, 2006. The legislation requires brokers to submit tax-exempt interest and to have written loan agreements for at least thirty percent of proceeds at the time of...
- Executive Order 13376-- Amendments to Executive Order 12863, Relating to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/18/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p594
Presents the executive order of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the amendments to executive order 12863, relating to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.
- Many FY2007 Tax Provisions Recycled From Past Years. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p5
The article criticizes the tax provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposals for the fiscal 2007 budget. Treasury Department officials argued that the budget proposal contains carryover provisions such as relaxed rules for 501(c)(3) bonds, retirement and lifetime savings accounts, and...
- Statement on Senate Confirmation of John Snowy as Secretary of the Treasury, January 30, 2003. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/3/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p134
Presents a statement made by U.S. President George W. Bush on January 30, 2003 confirming the appointment of John Snow as secretary of the U.S. Treasury Department.