Virginia House, Senate OK Separate Measures, Both With $278M of College Debt
- Slumping Economy Delivers Budget Cuts to Colleges. Thompson, Kate // Community College Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
Deals with issues surrounding the budget cuts for community colleges in Iowa in 2002. Reason for the cuts; States most affected by the economic decline in the United States; Ways in which colleges can control costs.
- S&P Stings Chicago Sales Tax Credit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34415, p11
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois lost the triple-A rating on its sales tax-backed debt because of its strained budget and pension sectors on November 20, 2015. Topics cited include Standard & Poor's dropping of Chicago's rating to AA from AAA and warning of further action with a...
- N.J. Med School Returns From 7-Year Bond Break With $253M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p6
The article reports on the plans of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in Newark to sell $253 million of revenue refunding bonds to secure debt service payments. If pushed through, this will be UMDNJ's first bond transaction since 2002. Morgan Stanley serves as...
- South Carolina's Sanford Tries Again, Asks to Tap Stimulus for School Debt. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p4
The article reports on the move by South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford to ask U.S. President Barack Obama to allow the state's use of $577 million of federal stimulus aid to finance about $579 million on general obligation bonds for education. It states that Sanford has requested Obama for the...
- Illinois Finance Agency Gives Initial Approval to $1 Billion of Offerings. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p36
The article reports on the initial approval given by the Illinois Finance Authority to $1 billion worth of offerings for funding of schools, universities, a suburban hospital and alternative fuel and clean coal projects. The University of Chicago plans to sell $250 million to finance for capital...
- Newest universities face biggest cuts. // Adults Learning;Apr2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the funding cuts for universities in England announced by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) in March 2011.
- Kan. Regents Pleased with Budget Proposals. MILBURN, JOHN // Community College Week;2/7/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the positive feedback of leaders of the Kansas Board of Regents to the proposed operating budgets for colleges and universities in the state.
- Universities face budget squeeze. // Adults Learning;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the reduction in university budgets in England as of February 2010.
- Universities get record funding boost. Day, Karen // Public Finance;11/24/2000, p14
Reports the increase in the university funding in England. Expectation to pursue government reforms and expansion plans; Details of the funding package; Need for universities to allocate money on the modernization of pay systems; Insights on the extra pay package.