'Substantial Evidence' of San Diego Disclosure Violations, Report Says
- Aguirre Spells Out Action Plan. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p27
Reports that San Diego, California-based lawyer Michael Aguirre has recommended to the mayor and city council an action plan to fix the city's financial problems. Negative response of Mayor Dick Murphy to the action plan; Murphy's negotiation with the Securities and Exchange Commission to help...
- Hearing Called. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p32
This article reports that San Diego, California Mayor Dick Murphy on January 24, 2005 said that he is scheduling a public hearing January 31 to get complete understanding of allegations that the city may not have fully complied with subpoenas for public documents, including those from the U.S....
- Donna Frye endorses Mike Aguirre. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p57
Focuses on the endorsement of Michael Aguirre for city attorney in San Diego, California.
- Bilingual newspaper endorses Aguirre for City Attorney. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/2/2008, Issue 1084, p14
The article reports on the endorsement of Michael Aguirre as San Diego city attorney by La Prensa San Diego newspaper for the upcoming general election in California on November 4, 2008.
- San Diego Mayor Says City Attorney Is Preventing Return to Debt Markets. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32725, p6
The article reports on the opinion of San Diego, California's mayor Jerry Sanders that the city attorney are the roadblock which prevents the city's return to the public debt markets. It is stated that Sanders has issued a statement accusing city attorney Michael Aguirre of trying to drive the...
- San Diego Seeks Lenience. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p1
Reports that San Diego City Attorney Michael Aguirre has sent a draft investigative report to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that details the city's pension and wastewater bond-related disclosure failures in California. Admission of misrepresentations and omissions in bond...
- BOND-WATCH. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p35
The article reports developments related to government bonds in the U.S. Los Angeles, California Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has argued his case for taking a large measure of authority over the state's school district. Palo Alto Unified School District's long-outstanding general obligation debt....
- City Sets SEC Strategy. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p32
Reports on the unanimous vote of the San Diego City Council to authorize City Attorney Michael Aguirre and its outside law firm to begin negotiations with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- City Attorney on Board With Hotel Room-Tax Plan. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;11/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p4
The article discusses the insights of San Diego, California-based city attorney Michael Aguirre on the tourism business improvement district proposal which can help market San Diego as a destination. The proposal calls for a self-imposed two percent surcharge on nightly room rentals at hotels...