TOM JOYCE: A NATURAL RECIPROCITY ALWAYS IN MOVEMENT
- Tom Joyce: Broadband Virtuoso. WILSON-POWELL, MALIN // Metalsmith;2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p24
A biography of Tom Joyce, a forged iron sculptor and blacksmith, is presented. Joyce was born in 1957 and has been practicing the art of blacksmithing since he was 14 years old. He left high school at 16 years old to become a blacksmith, forging farming tools in a village in New Mexico. At age...
- South Carolina Blacksmith, Age 86, Keeps His Vintage Craft Alive. // Jet;06/21/99, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p34
Offers information on the work of Charleston, South Carolina blacksmith Philip Simmons as of June 21, 1999.
- Blacksmithing for the novice. McRaven, Charles // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Gives details on the art of blacksmithing. The forge; Tools; Smithy fire; Shaping metal; Heat treated steel. INSET: A simple fireplace poker to make, by Jon Hansen.;Setting up....
- The anvil chorus is ringing loud and clear again. Alexander, Tom // Smithsonian;May93, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p46
Describes how, when the author set out to make a few items for his mountain home, he found that the ancient craft of forging iron is being revived as an art form. The Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains; Phill Baldwin, teacher of a course in blacksmithing; Alex...
- The Blacksmith Shop. Clark, Chris // Kentucky English Bulletin;Fall2012, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p19
In the article, the author talks about the Blacksmith Shop, located at the Homeplace in Kentucky.
- Sparks of life. Tattrie, Jon // Canadian Geographic;Dec2011, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p80
The article presents information on developments related to the blacksmith trade in Canada.
- MASTER BLACKSMITH. Berman, Ann E. // Town & Country;Mar2003, Vol. 157 Issue 5274, p84
Presents information on Samuel Yellin Metalworkers company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Tom Joyce. Berkovitch, Ellen // Metalsmith;Spring2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p18
Presents information on Tom Joyce, an artist-blacksmith in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Description of Joyce's studio; Amount of fellowship grant received by Joyce from the MacArthur Foundation; Role of Joyce in enriching cultural studies of metal-work in the U.S.
- NEW WORKS. Mattila, Pete // Anvil's Ring;Fall2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p24
The article presents the author's insights regarding his experience of learning more about diverse approaches of blacksmiths in the U.S. along with photographs of different blacksmithing process.