Shelby County, Tenn., Refunding $408M; S&P Cites Stability
- Firmer Tone, Light Activity for Munis. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/11/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the trading activities in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It highlights the municipal market data in South Carolina including the state's 126.2 million dollars general obligation (GO) bonds sold to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. It also discusses the 90.2 million of...
- Morgan Keegan Vows to Appeal Jury's $20 Million Verdict. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p4
Reports the plans of Morgan Keegan & Co, to appeal the jury for a 20 million verdict in Oklahoma. Misrepresentation of facts on the sale of housing bond deals; Names of the plaintiffs; Amount of the housing bonds sold.
- Trader says 1992 yield quoute suggested E. Baton Rouge bonds were noncallable. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
States that Morgan Keegan and Company listed $25,000 of the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mortgage Finance Authority bonds it refunded in 1989 and also offered the bonds to yield 4% as if the were noncallable in an inventory list sent to other dealers in June 1992. Reference to a letter sent by...
- Underwriter backs out of Houston deal. Sanders, Lisa; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p1
Reports that Morgan Keegan & Co. will drop out of the underwriting syndicate that priced a Houston, Texas bond deal. Evidence of possible violation of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-37.
- Tampa Selling $20M of Taxables for Workers' Comp. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33632, p3
The article reports that the city of Tampa in Florida through Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. has marketed 20 million dollars of taxable bonds for up-front settlements of future worker's compensation claims.
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33673, p7
The article offers information on the top 10 electronic-mailed (e-mailed) stories at The Bond Buyer.com, including the consideration of defaulting on bonds by Stockton, California, the disclosure of the plans for the new 975-million dollar Vikings stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and the...
- MK Denies Moberly Misdeeds. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;5/9/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33909, p1
The article reports that the independent full-service wealth management and capital market firm Morgan Keegan & Co. has refused any wrongdoing and opposed the charge of securities fraud filed by Jason Kander, Secretary of Missouri. It mentions that the firm has rejected all the claims related to...
- Big Deal for Alabama's Biggest City. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p1
The article reports that Birmingham, the biggest city in Alabama has sold $173 million of refunding bonds and new-money warrants in a deal that featured an additional advance refunding authorized by the Congress on December 14, 2006. It has the termination of a 13-year-old interest rate swap. In...
- Morgan Keegan vs. G-37. Sanders, Lisa; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p1
Reports on Morgan Keegan & Co.'s alleged violation of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-27 by co-managing negotiated bond sales issued by the city of Houston, Texas. Charges on the contribution of Morgan employee Shannon Kelley to a city council candidate; Regulation of...