Ex-George K. Baum Banker Is Back for More
- New Mexico Housing Official Joins George K. Baum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p6
Reports on the hiring of James W. Stretz as senior vice president of George K. Baum & Co. in Dallas, Texas. Role in handling the company's national housing finance group; Expertise with regard to the state agency finance sector and housing finance operation; Awards received.
- George K. Baum Adds Banker in Philadelphia. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32372, p7
The article reports on the recruitment of municipal bond market veteran Tom Beckett as senior vice president of investment banking company George K. Baum & Co. in Denver, Colorado. Beckett who has ample experience and expertise in public finance for nearly two decades, will leverage his...
- KANSAS: Top Five Rankings in 2003. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p30
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsel in Kansas in 2003. George K. Baum; USB Piper Jaffray; Citigroup; UBS Financial Services; A.G. Edwards.
- George K. Baum Adds Senior VP in Minneapolis. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p7
The article reports that Judith Harvey has joined in the public finance research department of George K. Baum & Co. in Kansas City, Missouri. She will become the senior vice president of the company and will be responsible for tracking the credit development of the firm's underwriting activities.
- George K. Baum Hires Three for Denver, Sacramento Offices. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p7
Reports on the three public finance professionals hired by George K. Baum & Co. in Dallas, Texas. Selection of Colorado banker W. Todd Snidow to lead its primary and secondary education finance practice; Credibility of Lynn E. Paquin for the position as vice president for firm's Sacramento...
- George K. Baum's Russell Brown to Retire for Trust Role. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p31
Reports on retirement plans of public finance executive of Kansas City, Kansas-based investment banking firm George K. Baum & Co. Russel Brown. Reason given by Brown to accept chairmanship of Harry J. Llyod Charitable trust after retiring from George K. Baum; Comments from chairman of George K....
- Baum & associates helps Chicago bring two deals this week. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p27
Features two municipal bond deals drawn up by George K. Baum & Co. for the city of Chicago, Illinois. Revenue financing; Housing issue; Distribution of bond proceeds; Refunding of variable-rate bonds; Payment of vendor contract; Cost to the city of contract-financing.
- Baum turns to specialty products, builds regional focus. Kuiper, Mark T // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p32
Reports on the municipal finance specialty products offered by Kansas City, Missouri-based George K. Baum & Co. Special offerings in housing, primary and secondary education, health care and innovative taxable transactions which support local municipal activities; Offer of nonrated debt...
- Housing agencies save on cap with new Baum structure. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p32
Reports on George K. Baum & Co.'s development of a new financing technique that combines taxable and tax-exempt bonds. Technique developed by David Lail, senior vice president at Baum; Features of the structure; Advantages of using the financing scheme for housing agencies.